HybridZ

280z Full Restomod with custom body kit & RB26

redlinevo7

I LUUUV your build, you've got all the aesthetics right on point. beautiful tail, not just the lights, all the craftsmen ship you put in all over the place truly art my friend. can't wait to see it done. I'm about knee deep in a 2JZ swap. I found a great shop out here in NY to do the work, @pterolwerks , http://instagram.com/p/wRnwheyM2B/  My car's no where near the level your on though you just took it to the stratosphere.  :2thumbs:  :burnout:

Edited by JGREEZY

Super detailed!! You're definitely very motivated and best of all....sharing! Need feedback on that AEM Series 2 once you've got it running, I'm looking for an upgrade to my RB26. Subscribing of course!

Edited by aongch

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. NIce to get feedback and know your hard work is not unnoticed. Regarding the back I always knew it would be a love / hate sort of thing for some people and I don't really have a problem with the original rear either but the purpose of this car was always to be a bit different without straying too far from the classic feel of the car. It's by no means a purists type of car but I did limit myself to staying pretty much all datsun/nissan family, with the only exception being the fender indicators that are from a BMW. I also wanted to keep it straight 6 but again upgrade. Otherwise its more of a modern interpretation with a personal twist and a desire to be unique without going overboard. I think when the car comes together in totality the rear will suit it even more but I like it and I guess that's the main thing.

I live on an island and to be honest this will be currently the only one here in drivable condition so I have nothing to compare it to. Ironically I have never had the care in it's complete stage, never even driven in an S30 before believe it or not.  Our imports are restricted and our duties on cars and parts are crazy (read $44,000 USD for a new corolla).  How much would you guess something like this would go for up in 'Merica, not that I plan to sell it any time soon, just see so many varying prices up there. There was a green one on Ebay that was very nice with a SR20 a couple years back that I think went for just over 60g US. Jared was the guy's name. That was tastefully modded and restored but also not a true restoration, but alot more restrained in the modifications department than I am. I believe I remember a comment where he said he gave it away at that price, and after 5 years of working and investing in one, I can see where he is coming from. 

I know this man's pain allllll too well. I'm from Aruba, we have CRAZY import taxes on performance cars & performance car parts...plus everything and its mom is marked up about 250-300% what it costs in the USA. So yeah, something like a bog standard Lexus RX is easily a 100K car brand new.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple more pics. Engine was swung over on starter and getting 30psi oil pressure at 200rpm so should be good for a full start. Had to get starter rebuilt because it was literally the only thing I hadn't changed and as luck would have it, it was dead. Just gotta sort out why the ecu is not sending a signal to the fuel pumps.

Edited by redlinevo7

• 2 weeks later...