HybridZ

Question for the Exhaust guys - Is this the factory setup?

ISPKI

My brother was up for father's day and he ended up checking out my 77 280z that is currently residing at my father's house. He has done alot of custom work on motorcycles and immediately pointed out the exhaust pipes coming down from the manifold. I havent been able to find any good shots of how the factory setup is supposed to look. My pipes look fine until after the 6-2 flange. There are two pipes for about 8 inches after the flange, then it looks as though they were crushed into half circle (not uniformly btw, one is half circle, the other is crushed to about 25% diameter) and crammed into the larger pipe that goes to the back of the car. He asked if the car fouls plugs and that severely restricted exhaust pipes like that could be causing it. My engine runs very rich and very rough. The plugs have maybe 100 miles on them and are becoming fouled. Attached are the two photos I took, the rust sort of blends the lines together. Just let me know what you guys think. I assumed there would be a Y-pipe similar to how most of the headers are.

post-37606-41582_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...