HybridZ

A HYBRID Z that kicks A$$

PLATA

^^^^ mate there is no need for  the "A" word , this video was out on April 2013, in the video archives of this site I DON'T SEE IT, maybe blind on my part  :icon50: . BTW the babe on the Z does have a nice one  :icon6:

Edited by PLATA

^^^^ mate there is no need for the the "A" word , this video was out on April 2013, in the video archives of this site I DON'T SEE IT, maybe blind on my part  :icon50:

Dont think its in the archives, but its in this forum

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/112346-nissan-project-370z-vs-1970-datsun-240z-with-rb26-track-battle/

Awesome vid though for anyone that missed it the first time around, a worthy repost methinks! x2thumbs.gif.pagespeed.ic.BJyDSc5atm.png

It's a good video, but the 240 didn't "beat" the 370. It barely beat it in one of the categories.

It showed though how important braking is... if it had better brakes on it, maybe the 240 could have snagged another category or two.

All in all though, it was impressive for a garage-built car to run neck-and-neck with today's technology tuned by a pro shop.

It's a good video, but the 240 didn't "beat" the 370. It barely beat it in one of the categories.

It showed though how important braking is... if it had better brakes on it, maybe the 240 could have snagged another category or two.

All in all though, it was impressive for a garage-built car to run neck-and-neck with today's technology tuned by a pro shop.

Exactly, and better tires

All in all, yes, very impressive and I'd take that 240 over any 370 in existence.

But "beat" means winning... and there is a winner and then there's everything else. Second place is just the first place loser. The 240Z was not the winner, although it was nothing to be ashamed of that's for sure!

I think the 240Z builder went home with some valuable lessons, though. I would be willing to bet that he will be spending more on brakes and tires instead of engine from now on... I think that with a different setup, the 240 could have bested the 370 based on weight alone.