HybridZ

Starting my swap soon...

smeagol

So i got a 86 z31 yesterday. it runs but needs a lot of suspention work and its leaking coolant bad. So i am gonna but a VG30dett into it. I have swapped a few honda motors but i really wanted to go nissan and get a RWD car. I am gettin the motor set-up from www.jdmenginedepot.com, i dont know if anyone has delt with them but they seem very good. This set up is $1,800 and it comes with.

Complete Heads Complete Block Intake Manifold Exhaust Manifolds Injectors Throttle Bodies Power Steering Pump Sensors Fuel Rail Alternator Coils A/C Compressor RWD Manual Transmission Wiring Harness (Loom)

ECU/ECM

Is there anything else i need to buy before i start the swap? Will my stock motor mounts work and driveshaft ect... And i know ill be needing a intercooler any tips on that aswell? I just dont want to get my friend involved and then he has to put it on hold because my dumb ass forgot to order something that we need lol.

Thanks guy i will start uploading pictures as it begins. i plan on painting the bay and car Synergy green like the new camaros :)

I have been googling for about 4 days now and still cant find exact needs. they all just say fabricate lol like for exsample when they say fabricate motor mounts does this mean just move my mount or buy mounts for the VG30dett and use them mounts on my z31. And what other items i need they never say i heard i need a inter cooler, do i but a z31 inter-cooler or the stock ones that are made for the vg30dett and jerry rig them to fit into the z31. i am just really "noob" to this lol i am having a friend swap it but he has never worked with nissan aswell.

>.<

Wow that was very helpful it looks like i have everything i need just need sohc mounts to dohc block, bolt on TT tranny and have custom driveshaft made. Do you know where i can get a costume drive-shaft and the mounts? Well i can prolly cut and wield the driveshaft or just but a VG30dett driveshaft. Mannnnn soooooo close to starting this beast.

• 3 weeks later...

There should be several shops near you that can "cut and wield" you up a "costume" driveshaft. Look in the phone book for a transmission shop.

I paid around 250 to have a ~26" driveshaft made from 3" tube for my LS swap. I provided the yoke and flange.

Edited by i r teh noobz