HybridZ

T5 transmission question

WaiDai

Update and Fixed

The bearings under the 3/4 syncro blew out causing the ring that pushes up the keys to get loose therefore causing the keys to overlap onto the synchro and prevent my car from shifting. cleaned it out and replaced the bearings, readjusted the keys and the metal ring that pushes up the keys and now it shifts smoooothly. ran into another issue where the car now wont get past 3k rpm. i doubt its related to the trans UNLESS the neutral switch needs to be plugged in (left it unplugged for now cause the wires ripped) however i believe that switch is only for safety reasons. Going to check electrical related things like tps and afm, also a google search brought up many many results for similar problems so i will go though those first unless someone can pinpoint the issue being related to my transmission fix that probably caused this. 

Thanks Tony D as you pinpointed this very precisely and most importantly educated me on why and how. 

oh as for the shifter being able to shift to neutral and the car still stayed in gear, the keys got stuck since the rings moved. so it allllllllll made sense that the lever was in a different position but the car was in gear.

i guess the key things i learned from this are
If you are having trouble pushing the shifter into gear, those keys could be a problem so shift into the corresponding gear (from 3 to 4 or 4 to 3) then back to hopefully get the keys back into position if they are a loosening. 
and i need to invest into more equipment because wrestling and using human strength to push that transmission back into the car with hardly any room vertically (about 2-3 feet, was laying on my back and rolled the tranny onto my chest using legs and arms to lift it into the car) was wayyyyy too difficult. 

PHH, that's a tasty find...thanks for posting!

N switch is idiot switch...I don't use mine, either. I don't start in gear, nor do I put a load on the thrust bearings of the motor when dry (which is what you do when you crank the car with clutch depressed, wether in gear or in N!)