HybridZ

S30 Rear Wheel Bearings

I don't know if this has been posted before but I did a quick search and didn't see it.  I just found out that basically there are no rear wheel bearings for the S30's here in the US.  They are on a national back-order and, according to a gent at MSA, it'll be 4 weeks+ before we see them restocked.  That really sucks for someone like me who is trying to do a full coilover suspension upgrade.

Oops - further searching indicates that maybe Parts Geek in New Jersey has some.  We'll see.

Edited by Phantom

Oh oh, stuff like this will happen more and more. Dang it....

I'll go check if I can get sets here and I'll happily send a set down if I can. Easy to get last fall, but I may find what you did. Let you know.

on a national back-order and, according to a gent at MSA, it'll be 4 weeks+ before we see them restocked. 

The reality is probably -

MSA's brand of wheel bearing is ...on a national back-order and, according to a gent at MSA, it'll be 4 weeks+ before MSA see them restocked.

It's an MSA problem, not a common problem.  Rock Auto has a selection also.

Try an actual bearing supply place like Bearing Headquaters for instance. Pretty sure that ain't the only use for that size of bearing, or used only for the S30.

Defiantly search Rock Auto for the common stuff, MSA is proud of parts and shipping. Save a buck or two.

Edited by str8pipez

Don't look for Datsun bearing but for part numbers.

I bought some for like $20 each instead of usual $80

Refs are RW116 & RW117 (sometimes GRW116 & GRW117, see Blue Z pages)

In my 5 seconds search I end with the following links :)

RW116 on Amazon

RW116 on Amazon #2

RW117 on Amazon

RW117 on Amazon #2

Very few suppliers are still making those. As a result, you might not get what you expect from a brand perspective.

I wanted Timken bearings, I ended with NTN & SKF bearings in Timken boxes.

Good luck!

Edited by Lazeum