HybridZ

Looks like I'm back to the Z side

jakeoster

Hey fellas, it's been a while. I've built two RB Z cars over the years and unfortunately was not destined to keep them. The first one was destroyed and the second one had to be sold due to financial circumstance.

Well, I've been FIENDING for a Z build. I've got a career going as a TIG welder/fabricator and I feel the time is right for a build. As always, an RB is in order. I've got a little more time to save before I make purchases, but I am stoked.

Feels great to be back.

P.S. As a Nissan junkie I've been DDing an 05' Sentra SE-R Spec V ever since.

Edited by jakeoster

Great to have you back Jake! I've followed your builds and they've always been an inspiration to me.

Also 2+2 power! I've got a '76 280z 2+2 with a l28et swap. I'm torn between going with a rb25 swap or building my current L28et setup.

Great to have you back Jake! I've followed your builds and they've always been an inspiration to me.

Also 2+2 power! I've got a '76 280z 2+2 with a l28et swap. I'm torn between going with a rb25 swap or building my current L28et setup.

Thanks!

I checked the 2+2 out today. The price is right and everything is there. The registration is up to date. My only problem with it is I can't do an engine swap due to it not being smog exempt. Plus the right hand drive stuff could prove to be difficult to repair/source. For instance the dash is pretty cracked on top as usual. But being right hand drive that opens up a whole new dimension of difficulty and $$$

The body needs some work and I would probably have a professional do some of it because its just out of my league.

I like the car but I just don't know if its something I should take on.

Edited by jakeoster

Thats too bad about it not being smog exempt, what is the cut off year? I'm not sure of laws in Cali but I know they are very strict. Could you do a l28et swap because its a very simliar motor? I don't know how they test cars over there... 
The 2+2 is a good little car, I honestly like the lines of the coupe better but having the back seats and extra space does come in handy. I actually daily drove mine

for a year and was able to drive plenty of people/stuff around!

It being a rhd car would present problems exactly like you said. Being in the northeast parts are hard enough to find for classic Z's in general, making it rhd would make it even harder imho.