HybridZ

What triple plate are you running?

ZT-R

Well the carbonetic twin disk would even hold the rb26 when it was in the car so I'm looking for a good triple plate. What are you guys running? Needs to be streetable. Don't think I care for the carbon clutches since they require to much time to heat up on the street.

There's no need for a triple plate with today's clutch technology.

I have been on the same single, 6-puck clutch for almost 4 years now making 700rwhp the entire time in a 3600+ lb car. I have roughly 100 timeslips in an envelope from this time period as well. With the weight of the chassis you have and I'm assuming that T04Z combo isnt making too much more than 700 at the tires.

FWIW I'm using a South Bend / DXD Racing clutch - Under 600-700 bucks and customer service has been top notch

Hp doenst matter its TQ. 600tq should be a cakewalk for this engine.

I made 645 the last time on the dyno, and without knowing exactly what your car weighs I'm going to assume its at least 500, if not more like 700-800# lighter than mine. The feramic extreme duty 6puck will handle 800+ft/lb's. Not to mention for the price of a triple plate or even a twin disc you could buy several of these. I had mine rebuilt this year and I measured it before sending it in and it was right at 1/2 worn spec. The rebuild only cost me $200 bucks. You will not find bad feedback on these guys.......

Edited by Booztd 3

Sorry Ft-Lbs of TQ...

My car weighs 2970lbs. Heavy heavy. 

is this what your talking about? says 630. I do want to stay with a sprung center.

http://www.frsport.com/6-Puck-XT-Clutch-Kit-90-98-RB20-RB25-R32-R33_p_15409.html

God no, I've had enough problems with ACT clutches in several Evo's I've worked on to make me stay away for life

South Bend Clutch

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/html/skyline.html

There's several options but the extreme duty 6-puck is sprung and rated for 800+ ft/lb's of torque (in a skyline weight chassis) Since you have a multi-disc you'd need to find an RB flywheel. The pedal stiffness is not bad at all. I have driven ACT, RPS, etc that are way worse.

What trans are you running? I also did this upgrade and it made the pedal feel significantly better. This fork is much less prone to flex with higher clamp load pressure plates.....

http://www.zspeedperformance.com/Nissan-90-96-300zx-Heavy-Duty-Clutch-Fork-Upgrade-Kit-cd000kit.htm

It says' for 300ZX but it works just fine with my RB25 bell housing.

• 2 weeks later...

Me 2.

What kind of torque numbers are you putting down out of curiosity? 

I know one of the main appeals of the twin disk is the drivability, but can they handle the big torque numbers as well?

I have an ACT 6 puck on my Z31 and it handles the power but the engagement is pretty rough for a daily driver...everything is a tradeoff obviously and I'm wondering if the twin disk's tradeoff for drivability is strength

I would hate to drop that coin for drivability only to have it slip

Thanks in advance