HybridZ

Gauge Voltage

I have been rewiring the z and my middle 3 console gauges are not working right. I have 12v being supplied to the power wire of each. Is this the correct method or do they run off a different voltage. My grounds seem to be good and I have tried grounding at multiple locations :/ Any help is much appreciated.

Okay I am still having a little bit of trouble but it must be a grounding issue at the gauges for all 3 to have issues. I have been looking at my fsm and would like some confirmation as to if this might be my problem since I am not home right now. It seems as if the casing of the gauges are also seperately grounded. So there is a black wire coming from each of the connectors "Only ground I have to each gauge currently" and quite possible a ground that should go to the mounting nut on the behind the gauges? If so that would be wonderful. As of now my oil pressure does nothing, water temp just rises all the way pretty quickly, and fuel does nothing. Ammeter appears to work though.

Edited by 240zBoy

Is the ground strap to the mounts connected?  The internal frame of the Dash should be grounded through the bolts to the firewall, but the framework for the gauges may not be grounded. You can test this by just grounding the framework with a spare length of wire.  you won't hurt anything, but make sure the battery is disconnected while hooking it up, since things like the clock are still constant power.

You might have hit it on the head, my dash is out sitting in the hatch for easy access. This might explain why my new revolution gauges are working that are not grounded through the dash framework. I will try it out and play with that before I end up ditching these gauges too lol