HybridZ

brought my 5.3 to the track wow what a ride

stock 5.3 lunati 224 228 585 585 on 110lsa. 28lb injectors and a 230 shot of dry nitrous.

First off this thing was a mutt on motor timing pulled out to 20 degrees plus the convertor is super tight nitrous convertor. Also its a powerglide 9"ford with a 350 gear.

I was embarresed at first when i let go of the transbrake and seen it had a 2.08 60ft so i ran it on through went an embarrising 8.74 @ 83 mph.  I was ready to vomit at this point lol

Well turned the bottle on and started with a 175 shot and it clicked off a pretty good time 1.44 60ft 6.48 @105

Pilled it up to 230 shot and it went a 1.35 60ft 6.11 @ 112.98. really wish i could post pics on here i dont have a photobucket account i would post pics. It left so smooth jerked the tires just a couple of inches .

more info on your setup? Carb or FI?  I have a box set up on mine that only pulls the timing when the kit is armed. Best of both worlds. It only costs about $20 to make, but you have to have the car tuned for it.

pics?  I know these engines hold up to quite a bit of abuse. Local guy pretty much found the limit is 350 on a stock bottom end. 

stock 5.3 have two friends putting a 1000 hp on these engines one in a 93 gt mustang ran 5.61 @130mph other just went a 557 @ 121. truckin magizine did an article and made 1400 hp on a 4.8 with twin 76mm turbos.Mine is stock 5.3 with cam glide 9" ford with powerglide. Throwing some new tires on this weekend should run in the 5s

Wait, did you say 20 degrees? Thats enough for like a 500 shot. I only pull 6 for my 150. Even on the safe side, I wouldn't pull that much.

No wonder it was such a gutless wonder. I think my TOTAL timing is 28. It feels down on power with 6 pulled.

Edited by SUNNY Z

everyone says that about the injectors my buds 55 chevy has ran 620s with a 6.0 stock with cam for 2 years now with zero problems was featured in car craft issue u can look it up on google shannon medleys 55 chevy. his are only 24lb stock injectors. car slowed down with 26 degrees of timing on motor. went to 24 ran best time then went to 20 on 200 shot made 4 passes on nitrous so far. Also 2 other friends that have stock bottom end 5.3s and one has managed 557 in 1/8th and 561 the other. they both on alchol ported heads and 160lb injectors

more info on your setup? Carb or FI? I have a box set up on mine that only pulls the timing when the kit is armed. Best of both worlds. It only costs about $20 to make, but you have to have the car tuned for it.

pics? I know these engines hold up to quite a bit of abuse. Local guy pretty much found the limit is 350 on a stock bottom end.

Beater bomb Joey lol;)

Edited by geno51