HybridZ

why cant i post in buy and sell?

michael wales

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this (wanted to post a head for sale).  While I have no problems donating to Hybridz, does anyone think this is a reason the buy/sell forums have been so dead & bland lately?

I've been checking the forum daily for months and it's been boring the hell out of me.  I was thinking "This place used to be a gold mine of parts!".  Also, $25 is pretty steep for someone who doesn't post here often and just wants to unload some parts.

Edited by tyson

The classifieds ebb and flow. I wouldn't call them "bland" though as that depends on what you're looking for. The donation is worth every penny if you ask me.

$25/year is too much? There are myriad comments I can make about this, but I'll leave it to your imagination.

This site deserves support, it has the most accurate and detailed information about Zs anywhere.

Not to mention some of the most vigilant moderators of any car forum out there. Information without organization is useful to no one, and this beast certainly doesn't govern itself. I value my time, why should I expect theirs for free?

In regards to the statement that 'this site used to be a goldmine', I would attribute that to the growing popularity of these cars and the dwindling number of parts and parts providers. Get what you want when you can, you never know when (or if) it will ever crop up again!

I didn't say it wasn't worth it.  I was referring to the people who many people who rarely use the forum but have a lot of Z parts.

I'll clear the air, once again:

• $25 isn't anything to batt an eye at for most people.
  • The site is worth it.

I'm just saying, I think it cuts down on the for sale posts quite a bit.  By the regulars?  no.   I do believe the for sale sections used to have quite a bit more content, especially stuff which would get the interest of anyone with a modified Z.  Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

Also, wasn't the donations implemented just a few months ago?  I don't seem to recall it being here a couple years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so. I've bought and sold many parts here over the years, and the donation never held me back. This site deserves support, it has the most accurate and detailed information about Zs anywhere.

I've found that even beyond Z's Googling automotive searches end up here for the shear fact that's there's soooo much information with regard to automotive customization on all aspects! It truly is a gold mine!