HybridZ

Sources for 17x12 rims??

Trying to find some decent choices for rims.  Seems like CCW only company I can find in my searches but they don't have many options in the 4 bolt pattern and not going to change this.  Suggestions.  Forged?

Currently running the 9.5 RBR on all 4 corners but need something larger.

J

Most likely going to have to go forged or two/three piece. Some companies to check out that make custom width's are Iforged, Boze wheels, Forgeline, Kinisis, HRE, Fikse. Panasport makes a multi-piece wheel  as seen on the white Spirit Garage Z (which I love) as well as the G7 model on the Kamatabody red/white and blue car.

post-736-0-43805900-1374378580_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-64571400-1374378602_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-98731100-1374378826_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-15612300-1374378846_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-40989800-1374378861_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure on the availabilityof those Panasports as I have never looked into them. I just know they exist thanks to other members posting these pics and me saving them, (I'm a pic whore and save rediculous amounts of pics as I come across them). One thing is for sure, deep pockets are a prerequisite for most of these wheel makers.

I was pricing out those Panasport wheels a few years back, retail was $950 per wheel for 16x9.

Panasport    $1000.00 per rim, not DOT legal only for track use.

Pretty hefty price but all custom, not real sure what difference a track rim or street legal rim would make, I assume though a track rim is obviously much more durable and better made than a street rim anyhow.    I am sure DOT just wants a cut of $$ anyhow.

Opinions??

I assume though a track rim is obviously much more durable and better made than a street rim anyhow.    I am sure DOT just wants a cut of $$ anyhow.

Opinions??

Nope, it's not obvious. Mark has it right. Track wheels are typically more lightweight and are replaced if one or four happen to bend in an off-track excursion.

Actually I have the c 8 track version. They are not dot certified. They are very light weight. I would imagine they would bend quite easily used on the street.

Car will not be a daily driver, primarily for show, probably less than 1000 miles per year.  Hard to believe that a rim is gonna bend that easily from aggressive driving unless you run off road or hit a curb??  I mean they are for the track which is more aggressive driving then the street??  If the wheels are custom made I am sure different types of allows can be used.

Watanabe got back to me, only 17x9 available.  

Running out of sources.....

Race tracks don't have potholes, if you want to drive around on 1000 dollar wheels hitting potholes and speed bumps you can.  It is just the guys who build them advising you not to.  A typical 17x12 track wheel weighs less than 18 lbs, typical street wheel of the same size is over 25 for most of them and I've seen some get into the 30's.  One is purpose built to be light and strong-that's it.  The other is built to be strong and durable enough to take all that street abuse without getting out of round or balance. 

Honestly you're going to be hard pressed to find 17's that wide anywhere. For those widths you're looking at an 18/19" wheel or like a 15". Other companies that you could check out are Volk and SSR. You could probably buy barrels and a face and make a 3 piece that wide yourself. I'd also check out http://wheelflip.com/ and try and give them a call.

Um we run a work vs-xx 18*10.5 in the back and 18 *8.5 in the front on 0 offset. Im not sure of exact price but i got in mind they were around 1000$ each. There custom bolt pattern and custom paint to match the car. Also one of the local builder got a set of strut wheels custom made in 24*15 so depending how much your looking to spend im sure someone can make your wheels