HybridZ

Removable core support

ZT-R

I had to replace the frame rails on mine because of a botched repair from a previous collision so I did a removable core support while I was in there.  Welded tabs to the inner fenders and the new core support bolts to the tabs.  I haven't mounted the radiator yet so this is as far as I've gotten in the process and I haven't touched it in a while at this point.

Core%20Support%201.jpg

Core%20Support%202.jpg

Core%20Support%203.jpg

Any issue with the chassis bending? did you reinforce it before you cut it?

I replaced the front frame rails and installed subframe connectors so yes I tied it together while I was doing that much work.  That top brace was originally on a friends 240Z with a V8 swap and it held up just fine with factory frame rails.  I know I have pictures of his car somewhere but they're either on a disk or an old removable hard drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I hate to revive an old thread but I'm currently in trying to figure a good way of reinforcing the side panels and creating the core support.

Tony, I've searched for the thread you mentioned but no luck, could you or someone else point me to some ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!