HybridZ

Time for the 5.3 to get some more power

He puts down 575hp not sure about torque. His fastest time is 11.2 but it will get into the 10 with new slicks. I saw that article also basiclally going to do the same thing. Turbo is ordered its a on3 performance 76mm. I had to talk my self out of twin dave trust me I was planning on 2 76mm but its a bit over kill so we will see what on3 is made of. If it breaks we will go with a bigger badder one.

lol I havent heard anything bad about their turbos but obviously they arent the top brand out there. I have a lot more suspension work to do before I jump up to your level sunny 4k rpm launches probably wouldnt be the best idea with out some frame strengthening.

Honestly I would have gone with a precision piece only because on3's reputation for customer service when and if something is wrong with products is sub-par. Check out LS1tech for testimonials (on3 is a sponsor of that forum and disregards half of the complaints there) as far as piping and routing... I will tell you how I intended doing it on a budget:

First, get a turbo kit from a site like Ponydown designed for a 351w in a fox mustang like this, for example: http://ponydown.com/newcatalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=95

Next get ls header flanges here: http://carshop.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/108589/CSP2385

Put them together and whaddya get? bippity boppit WHOOOSH

Obviously nothing there is gonna be a PERFECT fit, but everything will be close enough to fit with a little heat and a BFH.

I searched ls1 tech never found anything bad about on3 but we will see I dont mind being a guinea pig. As for headers if im going to make some I will build them from scratch. I found some universal ls1 headers that go up and forward for $600. Just havent talked myself into them yet.

They are not that fast . If my bone stock LS1 ZX can hang with a 2010 GT500 convertible , I'm pretty sure our little LS Zs can take the GTs .

They fly >>>post-36683-0-77465500-1375192556_thumb.jpg but a well balance Z with an LS1 can give them a run for the $ plus a Z has more perZonality  :cheers:

Edited by PLATA

There's ALWAYS somebody faster, richer and better looking. Last weeks's trip to the strip (1/8 mile) I ran 7.1sand 7.2s; the turbo/spray Mustangs were running mid-5s. I was among the slowest cars running. Haven't gone up against a stock car that I can't beat, but modified vs modified I'm toast.

There's ALWAYS somebody faster, richer and better looking. Last weeks's trip to the strip (1/8 mile) I ran 7.1sand 7.2s; the turbo/spray Mustangs were running mid-5s. I was among the slowest cars running. Haven't gone up against a stock car that I can't beat, but modified vs modified I'm toast.

Yup . That's the beauty of competition . It makes you try harder and spend more money to beat the other guys . In doing so , you might go broke . :-D