HybridZ

1978 280z GTO LS1 T56 TTT

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check JPHglobal. He has used race tires for $150 each shipped. He has some R6 and even some R7s this month. Worth every penny, although I've never run on Rivals before. I think you will feel the benefits half way thru your first lap. 245 is still a good bit of tire if you have a sticky compound that likes getting hot.

Edited by RebekahsZ

R6's will make a world of difference... Nice track. I've been a HPDE coach at Thunderhill for awhile, I would suggest to use the "whole track" edge to egde. You'll find a little more grip and an accelerate smoother and sooner out of your turns. Your spin started at the previous turn which didn't allow you to get set up quick enough having to chase that corner and ending in a spin...... Been there- done that lol. Get ready to spend some cash on brake pads, rotors, tires, and maintenance. HPDE track time is addicting and budget breaking if you're not careful. So glad to see others run their Z hard as intended- buy em, build em, run em..... Cool videos and nice runs at the track. Keep it up.

By the way BFGR1's wore like iron and lasted quite awhile for me at the track but they were slow to warm up and put me backwards a few times if pushed before temp ready (good grip at temp though) ...... And I never could get them to work great for AutoX. FWIW

Thanks. I was trying to cut the center of the Esses if that makes sense because it felt faster, but the last one where I spun out had a different radius and would catch me out sometimes. These big rivals seem to have held up decently compared to some of the others tires out there.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the car weighed by a weigh station going into mississippi this morning. 3120 with me (200 pounds), spare, jack, etc, a few folding chairs, helmet, and a Mardi Gras bag full of clothes and stuff. I'm guessing that will be around 2850ish if I could have taken everything out. Oh and a totally full tank of gas.post-37191-0-45528800-1444140449_thumb.jpg

Edited by socorob

• 1 year later...