HybridZ
socorob

1978 280z GTO LS1 T56 TTT

I hit about 125 or so a few times on the long straight and 100 in a few other places. I spun out around 70 and got black flagged once. After that my testes shrank a little and I didn't get as fast.In this video I pop in around 2:30 then back in the end. https://youtu.be/Zo2PNVbMgfkm

Edited by socorob

Had a chance years ago to do a " drivers education " event at Texas Motor Speedway. It was put on by the Panoz driving school. It combined the oval and the infield track so had high speed banked turns and also sharp twist ices. Four 30 minute sessions. My son video'd me so every now and then I pull it out and have nostalgia time.

This was put on by SCCA called http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events It ended up having 2 paced lap sessions that were 20 min + and 3 lapping sessions 20 minutes +. They are doing it at tracks all around the country. The only downside to it for me is its on a weeknight and starts at 3. The track is a little over an hour drive from home, so I had to take a day off work to be able to go. I think I will start looking for another set of cheap wheels to put slicks on because 245s aren't cutting it compared to all the other cars out there with wider tires.

Check JPHglobal. He has used race tires for $150 each shipped. He has some R6 and even some R7s this month. Worth every penny, although I've never run on Rivals before. I think you will feel the benefits half way thru your first lap. 245 is still a good bit of tire if you have a sticky compound that likes getting hot.

Edited by RebekahsZ

R6's will make a world of difference... Nice track. I've been a HPDE coach at Thunderhill for awhile, I would suggest to use the "whole track" edge to egde. You'll find a little more grip and an accelerate smoother and sooner out of your turns. Your spin started at the previous turn which didn't allow you to get set up quick enough having to chase that corner and ending in a spin...... Been there- done that lol. Get ready to spend some cash on brake pads, rotors, tires, and maintenance. HPDE track time is addicting and budget breaking if you're not careful. So glad to see others run their Z hard as intended- buy em, build em, run em..... Cool videos and nice runs at the track. Keep it up.

Thanks. I was trying to cut the center of the Esses if that makes sense because it felt faster, but the last one where I spun out had a different radius and would catch me out sometimes. These big rivals seem to have held up decently compared to some of the others tires out there.

Got the car weighed by a weigh station going into mississippi this morning. 3120 with me (200 pounds), spare, jack, etc, a few folding chairs, helmet, and a Mardi Gras bag full of clothes and stuff. I'm guessing that will be around 2850ish if I could have taken everything out. Oh and a totally full tank of gas.post-37191-0-45528800-1444140449_thumb.jpg

Edited by socorob