HybridZ

72 Hakosuka 2000GT GC10

docaam

Guys wanted to share my new project/ride.

Being a hardcoare nissan fan been searching for a skyline a while (8 months) finally managed to get hold of a 1972 Skyline 2000GT. Saw it on yahoo auctions infact was there for past few months, asked my agent to contact the dealership and check the car. He went down in Kawasaki area and saw/drove the car, it has little bit of visible rust on drivers side doors nothing which cant be taken care of easily. Apart from that it drove fine and body looks good as well, my agent was told its in original paint but i havent seen any record of Nissan offering Black sedan in that time, only colours I have seen being offered are six, but not bothered about that.

The details what I have seen and heard so far are:

Its a 1972 2000GT Sedan Kouki Model

Engine seems to be modified L20 with triple carbs, headers not sure what else is there but sounds and drives fine

AC is there seems to be stock offered by factory

Coilovers

& Power steering.

Hayashi wheels

Payment is being made and paperwork is going on, hopefully will be loaded in the container sometime next week and 25 days will land on dubai 

oqfk.jpg

pkt8.jpg

n832.jpg

hv03.jpg

What was the damage (¥¥¥) before shipping, if you don't mind answering?

Nice aftermarket AC, had one like that and it was cooooold!!!

Nice period correct Hayashi Rims as well!

Edited by Tony D

What was the damage (¥¥¥) before shipping, if you don't mind answering?

Nice aftermarket AC, had one like that and it was cooooold!!!

Nice period correct Hayashi Rims as well!

Thanks Tony,

Damages so far are around 1.5¥ and close to 1.6m¥ shipped to Dubai

Nice...

The price seems good for a Containerised Shipment, better than open RoRo this time of year! "No deck cargo" during typhoon season!

Black "shows all flaws" as well, so should be straight if nothing else!

Edited by Tony D

Nice...

The price seems good for a Containerised Shipment, better than open RoRo this time of year! "No deck cargo" during typhoon season!

Black "shows all flaws" as well, so should be straight if nothing else!

Car will be a long term project, as parts are very expensive and wanted to keep the originality in the car a bit.

Planned to so far on parallel is getting some GTR flares, cut the flares people usually keep the surf lines on sedan, install front lip and change wheels along with fixing the rust holes on the door but not painting it all now.

Winter is coming here which is more like summer of USA/Europe so want to use the car along with the Z till March and collect parts along the line once major stuff is there will open for a full body and paint job

Nice project. Is this what the l30 you want is for? Lol. I want a hakosuka so bad.

It has L20 so L28 or L30 would be an excellent upgrade, I would prefer RB25DE but then registration will be a problem for RHD registration they have very strict policy here

Yeah, my last trip to BuHasa Fields it was 33 and dense fog at 06:00, and it felt so much cooler as the heat dissipated the humidity...you never thought 48 at lunch time could feel so cool!

LOL

We arent that lucky with weather like other places, mid September 9 in the morning and its already 102 out after noon in range of 115. Its only dec to Feb we  get most of the evening and morning in 80s.

Yeah, my coworker is at someplace in AbuDhabi now complaining about "118"...

Another is at an aluminium rolling plant in KSA saying similar things.

I'm in rainy palm trees in Borneo...and hopefully in a week or two I'll head back to The Philippines for temps in the mid-high 20's! ©

• 1 year later...

Its been a while thought of posting some finiahed project pictures, sorry couldnt update it but as it wasnt really related car to the forum that why, in the end there is a builf thread link incase anyone wants to view it.

Current last week pictures one local Magazine Top Performance took some pictures during a meet they might do a full feautre as well

Photo%2001-03-2015%205%2031%2020%20pm_zp
Photo%2001-03-2015%202%2042%2018%20pm_zp

Went to one meet some pictures I saw rotating
Photo%2003-03-2015%206%2058%2027%20pm_zp
Photo%2003-03-2015%206%2051%2002%20pm_zp
Photo%2001-03-2015%2011%2018%2043%20pm_z
Photo%2002-03-2015%204%2013%2032%20pm_zp
Photo%2002-03-2015%204%2016%2023%20pm_zp

Guy came from Vegas he went with us to local meets took some classical shots "Henry Do" 
Hakosuka_night_zpsmujadnc8.jpg
Timeless_zpstuy6wa5q.jpg
Hakosuka_zpssiyygzep.jpg
Chasing_zpsridxkmfr.jpg

Full built thread here