HybridZ

1974 260z replacement clutch

eggy

Exedy or spec clutches are great. Exedy makes oem, so you know they're clutches are good and myself and a few friends have run spec with no problems. I ran a stage 1 exedy in my 280zx for 35k miles. With about 3k of those miles turbo, no issues. I ran a stage 3 spec in my 260z with triple carbs and a cam for about 6k moles before i sold the car. It was harsh, but it was a 6 puck. I am also currently using an oem exedy in my 240sx daily. About 3k on it and no issues.

What are you're hp goals?

I put in a "returned" gold coloured Centerforce from theMSA "Garage Sale" (returned because someone used the wrong TO Collar and put the fingers "overcenter"...apparently this "damages" the diaphragm.

That was in conjunction with the CF Flywheel.

And that was 112,000 miles ago.

One day, I'm sure it will take a dump. I'll complain when it does and hope I get consideration, like the halogen light capsules that burned out he low. Beams after 13 years...

Damn, thinking about it...not only has that clutch been through 112,00 miles of driving...it has been a multiple-driver car at EVERY MSA AutoX event at the West Coast Nationals! Maybe I won't complain.

Nah, I'll complain...nothing ventured, nothing gained!