HybridZ

Driveshaft for 76 2+2

Enginerd81

Are you missing one entirely? It's not a reach with yokes to go to any 4X4 driveshaft shop and have them put new joints and tube in for around $150 with a decent balance. Better than any second hand unit with high miles on it.

IEDLS (Inland Empire Driveline Service) made one handily on order and shipped it for $350 back in the day (Aluminum)---that was for a 1976 2+2 and was balanced for 10,000 rpms.

To this date we have not had any issues with balance to over 11,000+ rpms driveshaft speed.

May be more than you want to spend, but I'm really happy with it, and the price for steel is likely cheaper than my aluminum one---and that was for all new parts, nothing re-used (and with rebuildable U-Joint Trunnions!!!)

Tony,

I took the driveshaft to a local place and they wanted $325 to rebuild it with replaceable joints.

I ended up getting some rockford 430-10 joints and those worked well.... for 20 miles/ my first hard launch. which sheared the 2 pins off the cross on the diff end. 

I was planning on taking my 2 pieces to the same shop to see if they could still work with it. Either that or seeing what was available in the used arena.

Michal,

Is there any slop or binding in either of the joints? Do you know how many miles were on it?

RB26,

center to center distance of Ujoints is 34-1/8"

Bryan