HybridZ

Temporary fuel cell PICS

Atozone Tonine

I wanted to be able to drive my car while I work on the rear area, so i created a frame for a temporary fuel cell that fits onto the passenger seat bracket.

This way, i will be able to drive it back and forth to my mechanic... and just work on it a slowly.. a bit at a time.

It is a 5 gallon fuel cell. I have a 16 gallon for the permanent one that i will be putting in the rear.

post-29918-0-81786800-1380842673_thumb.jpg

post-29918-0-89142900-1380842609_thumb.jpg

post-29918-0-89495700-1380842624_thumb.jpg

well that's why I removed the floor pan plugs. haha.

I had previously thought that my original gas tank leaked every time I filled it past 3/4 full.

After my first fill up, it was leaking on the hot exhaust... that was a bit scary.

I recently tried to run it to empty, but it keeps going and going, even when the gauge is on empty.

So, I think it might be just the sender unit that is bad, and it was leaking near the filler hose.

Well, I'm too far in now, no turning back.

LOL . I used a Ford fuel pump in a 5 gal. bucket to drive my 84 ZXT out of the shop after I removed the fuel tank ( tank rusted beyond repair ) . Yours looks a lot prettier . Now , I need to find the time to install the new used tank so I can her back on the road again .