HybridZ

Vented fuel cap?

jkgts1

Okay so ive been combing the interweb with minimal results. When talking about eliminating the vapor tank, ive heard people mention " just get a vented filler cap" to vent pressure in the tank. So , i assume the stock cap is not vented. And ive searched for vented caps to fit the early 260z tank, but come up with nothing. So, what are you guys using? I know some use a breather filter but i want to stay away from that. I found a pressure relief vale made by fuel safe that seems perfect but i need to buy fittings to make it work. Anyone know what vented fuel cap will fit this tank?

The stock cap is vented to let air in but not out.  The hose to the charcoal canister takes the overpressure and holds the gas vapor until vacuum from the engine running pulls it in to the intake manifold.  The problem you would have with drilling holes in the cap is gas leaking through the holes when you corner as the liquid sloshes up to the filler cap.

It's called a reservoir tank, not a vapor tank.  Implying that it collects liquid at times.  Watch out for liquid coming out of your vent hose, wherever you decide to put it.  The location will determine where the gas fume smell originates also.