HybridZ

1970 series 1-Paint the engine bay black or color?

Exact match? I'm sure it'll be close enough. It's that kind of OCD that makes a project last for many, many years... :P

It's easy to develop OCD with Z cars. :wink:  Yes close enough, Though like I said, reds and yellows are a lot more obvious.  Red can be incredibly hard to match

Exact match? I'm sure it'll be close enough. It's that kind of OCD that makes a project last for many, many years... :P

+1, yes it could be different... but also the body has a lot more light hitting it than the inside of your engine bay. Either way, it'll be off IMHO lol.

Hmmm, I have a factory black car, but I was planning on getting the outside painted dark green w/ a black air dam/overfenders/tail light panel. I was just going to leave the engine bay black, but now I'm wondering if that is wise... sigh, I suppose I could pull the engine and trans and have the car towed to the paint shop. but just for the engine bay, that seems extreme to me. I'll probably just leave it black and if it really bothers me I can have it painted when I have the engine out later when I swap to a turbo motor.

• 2 weeks later...

They came from Nippon that way, entire car painted the same color , ease on the assembly line . But the high $$$$$$$ FERRARI and the legendary 2000GT came at birth with a black engine bay .post-36683-0-05004600-1383576790_thumb.jpgpost-36683-0-43880900-1383576950_thumb.jpg  FWIW  :icon10:

Edited by PLATA