HybridZ

Timing Maps

ryan95i4

Any Haltech users care to share their timing maps?  Or anyone see any obvious issues with mine?

L28ET_TimingMap.jpg

PS500, LS1 Coils, Stock F54/P90A, Stock turbo, FMIC, 60lb injectors, etc etc

As of right now, boost peaks right at 11psi. Only a street tune though, no dyno time.  Curious what other people's timing maps look like.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 1 month later...

I can't say I know if your map is good, but I'll be using it as a baseline to get my car started when I do finally get to install my Haltech. Would you be willing to upload your tune as a very rough starting point for other sprint500 users?

I see there is another thread for requests, but not much in the way of maps available to download and look at.

Edited by osirus9

Looks like you're "all in" at 3000 RPM? And it looks a bit aggressive at 1500-2000 RPM. If it were me (the only person to crack a VG30 head that I know of), I would ramp it up from you minimum timing at a certain load point to the maximum timing at that same load point across the entire RPM range, for each load point.

But I know little of the L series engines and what timing they like. What compression are you? What fuel?

Looks like you're "all in" at 3000 RPM? And it looks a bit aggressive at 1500-2000 RPM. If it were me (the only person to crack a VG30 head that I know of), I would ramp it up from you minimum timing at a certain load point to the maximum timing at that same load point across the entire RPM range, for each load point.

But I know little of the L series engines and what timing they like. What compression are you? What fuel?

Stock motor (7.4:1 compression) on 93 oct

All my tuning to this point has been seat-of-the-pants, which makes ignition tuning difficult. I really need to get the car on a dyno, but is also why I had hoped some other L28ET guys would share their timing maps for comparisons sake.