HybridZ

AWS 86mm crank 3.2L Kit

AZGhost623

This caught my eye..

Original super short pin height forged pistons (89mm/89.25mm/89.5mm) Pin Height 26.8mm pin diameter 20mm new design on eye only. Long beam connecting rod weight 430g, core material 138.5mm 86mm full counter crank.List price at the time is ¥865,200 ($8700 ish US). All custom made by these guys. Its a real shame there isnt a specialty place in the US that can do things like this. Would love to get their N42 SPL head, which is half the cost of the Kameari SPL head it looks like...

Sold and manufactured by these guys:

post-35613-0-42499900-1382417281_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZGhost623

There is, they just have an exclusive distribution agreement with Japan so they don't sell their crank here...

LA Billet Crank will make you any-thing-you-want, longtime, G.I. You just need moaney to get kissy-kissy...

I sent those guys an email last night asking some questions on their parts. They sent me quite a few emails back including their catalog and said no problem shipping to US. In a additional email he sent after the catalog, contained lots of pictures/videos and info on his personal car that runs a 10 second 1/4 mile on his 'house parts'  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csm2_xqjQ0Y  This car, "Big Green" is apparently the big brother to the Wood Village S30.

Without a CAD file, or knowing all the mechanical specs of the crank Im think I would get very far with LA Billet/Crank. I dont think an 86mm crankshaft for an L28 is going to get me very far without more specific details.

Edited by AZGhost623

• 2 weeks later...

I sent those guys an email last night asking some questions on their parts. They sent me quite a few emails back including their catalog and said no problem shipping to US. In a additional email he sent after the catalog, contained lots of pictures/videos and info on his personal car that runs a 10 second 1/4 mile on his 'house parts'  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csm2_xqjQ0Y  This car, "Big Green" is apparently the big brother to the Wood Village S30.

Without a CAD file, or knowing all the mechanical specs of the crank Im think I would get very far with LA Billet/Crank. I dont think an 86mm crankshaft for an L28 is going to get me very far without more specific details.

Yup, there are lots of videos of that green car.

I feel like you can do just as well getting a local place (within the our shores) to do that package or just a crank. My email exchanges with places in Japan have sometimes consisted of interrogation of what my plans are and then them telling me what they will sell me, rather than letting me buy anything I want. Not always nice and easy window shopping as we are use to.

Nice parts though. :icon43:

Edited by josh817

"My email exchanges with places in Japan have sometimes consisted of interrogation of what my plans are and then them telling me what they will sell me, rather than letting me buy anything I want."

Welcome to the world of people who know what they're doing, and won't let you screw it up no matter how hard you want to!

I find it interesting how resentful people get by competent engineering analysis of a project with goals BEFORE embarking on the build, instead of as to goes along...

I was pissy about it before, not anymore. I still disagree with the method (I will find other ways to achieve) but my point was if you want to venture into that market just know what your build is for and your needs.

Edited by josh817

Pretty cool stuff. Although if you are interested in Kameari parts I have noticed if you order through places like rhdjapan the parts are much more affordable than going through other better known US sources of their parts.

Here the spl head is only $4,156.47 haha

http://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-l-type-spl-cylinder-head-upgrade-camshaft-pistons-springs-l6.html