HybridZ

1jz in a Z, gas mileage.

devil280Z

my buddy has two VVT-I 1j swapped cressida's that he daily drives and says he gets pretty good mileage if he stays out of boost. I don't have any specific numbers but he usually only puts $10 on 93 octane at the pump and it usually lasts him about half a day and thats with occasional pulls and drifting. So if you can resist getting into the good part of you JZ engine you should be good.

• 4 months later...

I get great mileage from my 1j.

I've been running the car on the road for over 3 years now and keep squeezing more power from it but the mpg doesn't seam to change. I get about 32mpg on a run if I keep the speed below 80mph. I drive to spa every year (330 miles) and get there on a tank without a problem. Car weights 1284kg and make 392hp at the fly with the only mod being cams. Standard ecu, injectors, and turbos. I've also run a few 11.2's @ 131mph with a little shot of nos. these engines are superb on fuel if you don't mess around with them too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten 41 MPG with my 1JZ 240z, with an r154 and 3,54 diff. 

This was the absolute max cruising the back roads on a 400 km stretch of a road trip.

I usually fill up around 34 MPG using it to drive to work, and got about 36-37 driving across the country this year. 

(These are US mpg)

Running stock engine with a Holset Hy35, Haltech ECU and cruising AFR of about 16:1 and pretty advanced timing (30-40)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been running my 240 with soarer 1jz for over 3 years now. Car is not really a daily driver but I do drive it to all trackdays, drag racing, and car events. I always get over 30mpg if I stick to around 80mph on the motorways. Pretty standard engine on factory everything apart from boost.

I've been running my 240 with soarer 1jz for over 3 years now. Car is not really a daily driver but I do drive it to all trackdays, drag racing, and car events. I always get over 30mpg if I stick to around 80mph on the motorways. Pretty standard engine on factory everything apart from boost.

Just curious what octane level of fuel you have available there? I just bought a 2jzgte from an Aristo and am in the process of sourcing E-85 fuel components. Here in California we only have garbage 91 octane available.

I'm glad this thread is still going on as I advance in my swap. I don't recall seeing anyone in here running a 2jzge na-t as I will be. My plans are a stock 2jz (injectors, ecu, the works) for now and a HX35/40 turbo. I'm not building the car for efficiency but if it could do better than my ls400 I would have a reason to daily the racecar  B)