HybridZ

Bassett Racing Wheels

So I was able to sell a lot of extra parts I had and I might actually be able to do these wheels now.

Any advice on what size offset? Like I said before if I do the 8" wide I will need flares, and although I'd like to do flares eventually I was going to wait til I'm ready to do paint and other bodywork.

So I'm thinking I will just do the 15x7", most likely 0 offset. Or Summit seems to have 3.5" backspace (-13 mm offset) but Bassett's site only lists 3.75" backspace. Either way it's very close, but will I need any sort of flaring for -12 or -13 offset on stock suspension and brakes and such?

Edited by 9/73-E31-260z

So I was able to sell a lot of extra parts I had and I might actually be able to do these wheels now.

Any advice on what size offset? Like I said before if I do the 8" wide I will need flares, and although I'd like to do flares eventually I was going to wait til I'm ready to do paint and other bodywork.

So I'm thinking I will just do the 15x7", most likely 0 offset. Or Summit seems to have 3.5" backspace (-13 mm offset) but Bassett's site only lists 3.75" backspace. Either way it's very close, but will I need any sort of flaring for -12 or -13 offset on stock suspension and brakes and such?

Flares won't be necessary with 8" wheels, and steel wheels should offer plenty of brake clearance for stock gear. For perspective I run 15x9 0 offset with 8mm front spacers. That's effectively 106mm/4.2" backspace, with around 4mm rim to strut clearance. The 9" width creates a decent bit of poke, but that shouldn't be an issue with narrower wheels, especially if you're adding camber. 

My previous wheels were 16x8 0 offset, and they had no clearance issues whatsoever. 

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

So I came across these wheels and I really like them, love the NASCAR style (I swear I'm not a redneck) and I have think they'd look really good on my 260z. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/info/knows anyone with experience/info on Bassett. They're steel, 15x8 (the size I want to get) and are avilable in a number of backspacing sizes.

Also can anyone point me to a thread for stock s30 offset? I can't seem to find one

Thaks

http://www.bassettwheel.com/dot.html

All i want to know is why people are so scared to be a Redneck? 

I know a few rednecks haha, just didn't want people assuming I want these wheels just to copy stock cars.

And the wheels that are on it now are just about flush with the body in front and rear. They should be 14x7 0 offset, it just looks like to me going a whole inch wider would be too far without at least a little flare. I dont want rocks kicking up or anything.

I think ya gotta separate form from function on the whole redneck thing. I AM a redneck and I don't really like 'em. But, if they fit and are cheap it's hard to beat them. I think any of us who buy $900 cars and immediately put $1000 worth of wheels and tires need to have our heads examined, but everybody on this sight is guilty of it. For some reason, Spinworks wheels are not looked down on and I think they look very NASCAR. If I had no wheels and wanted to go autocross, I would buy a set of Bassetts in a heartbeat. No one complains about an ugly car if it is the Fast Time of Day. Do that and the next month half the club will be sporting Bassetts.

I know a few rednecks haha, just didn't want people assuming I want these wheels just to copy stock cars.

And the wheels that are on it now are just about flush with the body in front and rear. They should be 14x7 0 offset, it just looks like to me going a whole inch wider would be too far without at least a little flare. I dont want rocks kicking up or anything.

Myself and others can tell you from experience, 8" 0 offset wheels won't poke out past the fenders. They might looks pretty silly sunk under flares though. 

Well they don't have the 8" in 0 offset, next smallest offset is -12mm or -13mm (their website says -12, summit says they only make -13...)

So if I get the -12-13 it would stick out a whole half in farther than the wheels that are on it now, since those ones are real flush already I didn't know I can take another 0.5"

I found this the other day and just put it together that they are the same brand as the one you guys are talking about. They are 15x10s so they aren't the rims in the original link but they are Bassett. Heres a link explaining what's been done to the car: 

http://whatmonstersdo.com/blog2/2013/03/04/quick-snap-bens-1977-datsun-280z/

1977_Datsun_280z_Jake_Miller_1_zps78ae4b

I personally think they look pretty damn good.

Edited by bfg

As amazing and freakin awesome that is :D... it's totally not stock. Plus he has flares and coilovers. I'm just trying to see if I would need flares for 8" -13mm offset wheels on stock suspension, brakes, and body. I think I just might have to save this decision for a while (yet again) since the wiring on my car cost over $160 more than what they said it would be (which was still over twice as much as their initial quote, but that's all another story...)

Anyone know any good brands/models of tires I can get 14" that will last a while? I have 215/60/14 right now and I like the look, but basically no one has that anymore. BF Goodrich has the Radial T/As but I'm just wondering what other choices I might have.