HybridZ

what single turbo manifold are you running?

Ryan Merrill

I like it! did you cut off the t4 and weld the t3 or did you weld the t3 on top of the t4 flange? I wanted to go ebay but 120 is kind of sketchy lol. I saw the cx racing mani which is 11ga but its $500, which is steep but looks heavy duty. I also am running a holset, he351cw.

Ebay 1jz t4 mani, welded on a t3 flange, cleaned it up and braced it. Running a holset he341, adequate frame rail clearance, and it was cheap!

Thanks. I am planning the swap. Guy at the track had one but its hit the shock tower on hard acceleration. I believe he had a 72mm turbo on his setup.

They arent measured like that. Holsets use an area formula. For instance, my turbo has a 9 or maybe 12 cm housing. It makes comparing holsets to other turbo's a pain in the ass. I should see 450-MAYBE 500hp on my cammed 3.0 litre. I 'll probably max it out at 18psi, butttttttt, i'll see 18 psi at 2700rpm. So it spools mega fast.

12cm^2 is abooooout 70ar but yea holset is iffy lol. 16, 19cm is like 1.08 they are diesel turbos so they have huge housings. The 12cm spools dumb fast, the HE351CW is dirt cheap, all you have to do is clock the intake side a bit and your golden. Mines came with the elbow that's v-band it does have that 3-5/8in which is silly but a 4in vband clamp still works. Having the elbow im just going to reduce it to 3in exhaust. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Badass. How was the 76 GTS on the street for driving? custom header? Wat was the primary size?

76GTS was like an on/off switch around 5500 rpm's. As long as the rpm's were above 5500, it pulled HARD. below that, no so much. As for street driving, It was like a normal 6-cylinder until the boost kicked in. Engine was built for high rpm's, and i shifted around 8500. Below 5500, it was a bit of a dog, but if I was running the car hard, I wasn't running in the low rpm range.  

Header was a Greddy T88H manifold - 50mm runners, they also made a smaller runner manifold for the T78 and T88 kits - 45mm runners

76GTS was like an on/off switch around 5500 rpm's. As long as the rpm's were above 5500, it pulled HARD. below that, no so much. As for street driving, It was like a normal 6-cylinder until the boost kicked in. Engine was built for high rpm's, and i shifted around 8500. Below 5500, it was a bit of a dog, but if I was running the car hard, I wasn't running in the low rpm range.  

Header was a Greddy T88H manifold - 50mm runners, they also made a smaller runner manifold for the T78 and T88 kits - 45mm runners

I was thinking GT35R or something around 68mm with .81 a/r on the hot side. I will probably need to add the corn to support the boost. This car is a street car that will see road course duty and probably the drag track for some shits and giggles. Was your manifold for a T4 housing?

Treadstone exhaust manifold. It was pretty light weight and compact since its a log. Holset He351cw and custom ffim with gte tb. Hopefully it fits I measured and it is pretty close but it should clear. Aiming for pure response.

post-13572-0-60538300-1391212315_thumb.jpg

Edited by makaofox

im not really sure but it actually might sit behind the strut tower. The adapter is 3inches if I change that it should fit IF I run into issues. I'll def post pics when its in the bay. With all the snow I cant drop it in the shell.I personally like the log style its supposed to spool much faster low+middle end compared to tubular.Tubular just looks badass.

im not really sure but it actually might sit behind the strut tower. The adapter is 3inches if I change that it should fit IF I run into issues. I'll def post pics when its in the bay. With all the snow I cant drop it in the shell.I personally like the log style its supposed to spool much faster low+middle end compared to tubular.Tubular just looks badass.

Same here. Stuck inside, collecting parts,waiting for the big melt.