HybridZ

P90 L28ET exhaust/ intake manifold gasket preference

BMAC

I have ordered several exhaust/ intake manifold gaskets for a P90 head and found that they are all paper.  I am used to using turbo manifolds gaskets made from graphite composite for other motors.  Are paper gaskets what everyone uses for L28ET or is there something better.  If there is something better, where do I order it from?  Thanks

I have ordered Fel-pro in the past and it was paper.  I also called Black Dragon and they did not have it in stock.  I guess it is really popular and just need to stay on top of it.  I found a couple other shops that advertise graphite composite, but they never had them in stock.

The MSA and Victor Reinz gaskets are three layer - polymer on each side of thin steel.  I don't know what the polymer is.  It's not paper though.  Or graphite.  I've had both MSA and VR and would bet that MSA just resells Victor Reinz, they look identical and fit the same.  Victor Reinz is available on RockAuto.com

It's like 2 rubbish layers sandwiching a thin metal layer.

I'll bet they're garbage...

Are they more expensive Fel-Pro?  The Fel-Pro gasket on my engine now is the paper/cardboard style.  Weird that you would have the sandwich type from Fel-Pro.

And they only show one model number on their site -

http://fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brand=FL&PartNumber=MS%2091034&pt=Intake%20and%20Exhaust%20Manifold%20Combination%20Gasket&lu=1982%20NISSAN%20280ZX&vin=#.UpbIQiff_Fw

http://fme-cat.com/Application.aspx?year=1982&make=NISSAN&model=280ZX&cat=Engine&subcat=Gaskets%20and%20Sealing%20Systems&brand=Fel-Pro

Edited by NewZed

The MSA and Victor Reinz gaskets are three layer - polymer on each side of thin steel.  I don't know what the polymer is.  It's not paper though.  Or graphite.  I've had both MSA and VR and would bet that MSA just resells Victor Reinz, they look identical and fit the same.  Victor Reinz is available on RockAuto.com

WHen I bought some gaskets from MSA just a few months ago, they were in a DNJ box. The head gasket was definately DNJ, but unknown on the exhaust/intake side. It seems like a good gasket...

What part of "Nissan" got translated to "Aftermarket Distribution" such as VR, Fel-Pro, etc?

If you're having trouble finding one, I lay money I know where one WILL be found: "Your Local Datsun Stockist!"

Never Paper, never was, never will be... Then again, I don't shop Pirate Parts blind, either!