HybridZ

Rb25det Trade?

DraggingDatsun

That rb25 will walk all over that 3.0 liter any day if the week. I had a rb20 that out ran my 3.0 liter stroker.

That rb25 is a very easy swap. My 3.0 liter was fun but my first ride in my rb20 swap I was happy I did my rb swap.

Edited by pat1

You can do all that with a RB. Parts are not expensive, you just have to know were to find them. A lot if the parts fit other nissan engines here in the states. You can find anything on the internet. In fact the part prices are getting cheaper. Servicing a RB isn't any harder than working in a L motor. It's all nuts and bolts. It sounds like your talking yourself out of it. If you know what your doing the rb isn't any harder to work on and is reliable as any motor available.

I had 3 sets if triples on my stroker now that was a bitch to tune. Jets were hard to find and had to be ordered. Jets,tubes mains,pilots,chokes all times 6 =$$$$

I would agree with the price of triples. I got an almost complete set-up from the PO. After rebuilding myself, buying supplies, misc linkage parts, jets, venturis, air horns, filters, etc - I was in close to $1000. And I already owned the carbs and manifold! They are fantastic though, and the nostalgic look/sound/power of triples in a Z made it worth it.

However, modern EFI will beat carbs any day of the week.

• 2 weeks later...