HybridZ

Widest wheels without flares

Sorry, tried searching with no luck. Found a set of Rota RKR

Size: 2 PCS 17X8.5 & 2 PCS 17X9.5

Bolt pattern: 4X114.3

Offset:4 & 0

Can I run these without flares? What offsets would I need to run either an 8.5 or 9.5" (17") to avoid cutting fenders or very minimal pull.

I know the 17x9.5 -20 offset require flares.

Thanks

I'm not too keen on the technical details but I can tell you I'm running 15x8 0 offset Enkei Apache IIs and they're pretty much as close as you'll get without being mexiflush.

EDIT: Figure I should add I have stock suspension.

Edited by Pac_Man

I have those exact sizes on my S130. I actually measured and ordered those sizes and waited almost a year for the wheels to show up. My car still has original paint so rolling wasn't an option for me. They fit with no mods on stock suspension, although I run a small spacer on the front just to get the center cap to fit. On an S30, I think the 8.5 +4 would barely fit on four corners, but the 9.5 wouldn't without mods.

You're meaning me^^

Yup, I have 16x9,5 et-10 w 225/45 all around with a minor fender roll and camber plates. If you're lowering the car, you can easily run 17x9,5 et0 all around if you choose the right tire for clearance and have the tires under the fenders. You might need a set of spacers if you have coilovers/ other clearance issues to the strut tubes.

My question would be what is your purpose. Are you trying to get the most rubber on the ground for traction purposes? Or. Are you going for a look? My thought is always performance driven. I want as much performance out of a set up and it needs to look good and with performance good looks almost always comes along. So, if you look at sites such as http://www.tirerack.com/ and compare actual tire sizes and brands you will find out that not all brands measure out to the same size (brand X -225 may not measure the same as brand Z -225) You will also find that a 225-50 will put more rubber on the ground than a 225-45. Just some things to think about. None of them are right or wrong it is an issue of considering all the options and making an informed decision. Some times price of tire in a certain size help make decisions. I run 225-50-16 on a set of vintage factory BBS race wheels 16x8 - 0 off set. Having a set of rare vintage wheels made my decision for me of wheel size I would run.

You're meaning me^^

Yup, I have 16x9,5 et-10 w 225/45 all around with a minor fender roll and camber plates. If you're lowering the car, you can easily run 17x9,5 et0 all around if you choose the right tire for clearance and have the tires under the fenders. You might need a set of spacers if you have coilovers/ other clearance issues to the strut tubes.

Yes I meaning you lol... I sent you a PM...im curious what brakes are you running with those wheels?

I'm not too keen on the technical details but I can tell you I'm running 15x8 0 offset Enkei Apache IIs and they're pretty much as close as you'll get without being mexiflush.

EDIT: Figure I should add I have stock suspension.

I have 15x9's and I would say mexiflush is a good description haha. I think you would be hard pressed to stuff a 9.5" wheel under stock front fenders with anything more than ridiculously stretched tires. I'm not sure how much you can get away with pulling the fenders, but I'd be interested to find out. My 9" wheels poke about a 1/2" at the top and I'd love to be able to cover them a little better. 

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

I'm running 17x8.5. +30 with small spacers and they work well if you are looking to put appropiate tires on them. I run 245 R1R's which are wider than normal street tires, with coilovers. There is actually more room in the front than the rear but both ends are covered and look great. The rears need the inside lip rolled a bit but nothing that shows. IMO

I like the Enkie rpf1's so I built the car for them with big brakes and 5 lug but 15x8.5 should work even better. You might go wider on the rims but not the tires and still fit under, from my experience.

Here is a pic from my Photobucket album but it doesn't show how much they stick out.

Edited by logr

Here is my setup:

18x8.5 +10mm offset with 245/40R18 on the front, 18x9.5 +19.125 mm offset with 275/35R18 on the rear.  Fenders are rolled and the front airdam had to be trimmed to allow the tires to clear when steering is at full lock.  No rubbing whatsoever through full range of suspension travel, but it is extremely tight - and yes I am using coilovers.

http://mysite.verizon.net/ress1lhb/barts570z/id19.html