HybridZ

2jz mounts

JacobsZ

We can build you a set of motor mounts and a transmission mount.  If you have a later Z you'll have to remove the upper portion of the transmission mount in the tunnel, and you'll have to drill\bolt or weld the transmission mount to its new location.

We'll update when we get a little further along in my project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since this is the 2jz mount thread anyone care to post pics of various mounts they have made or found on the web? Im about to make my mounts and just took some ball park measurements and its pretty darn close to the stock mounts. Monday I plan to drop in the motor and get an idea of what I can do.

260z003.jpg

2jzmount

The mount style used for the 7mgte that would be bolt in to the stock datsun cross member may not be feasible for the 2jz block. I believe the passenger side has the appropriate bolt cluster and the stock datsun mount can be uprated to a larger bolt and solid mounted, but the driver side has the oil filter and a much more difficult looking bolt cluster

Edited by seattlejester

yeah that oil filter sucks! I've been looking into a way to mount a relocation kit directly to the block instead of using the weird little elbow.  This would clear the engine mount and make it easier to reach the filter when the engine is in the car. 

Hmm, remember any details? Did he use a big plate on the motor? Or was it a really small mount? Or was it really articulated with a long arc?

2jz

If you look on the driver side next to the oil filter there are a few bolt holes. One at 1:30, one at 2:30, one at 4:00 (further away), one at 4:30 (closer), and one at 9:00. The one at 4:30, is canted at an angle dissimilar to that of the other bolts so would be harder to use. I think it would be possible to use the bolt holes at 2:30 and 4:00, as well as the holes that are parallel to those holes a little further back down the block and make a long articulated arm. But that arm would have to be quite the arm to support the weight at that angle. 

Alternatively, it could be a smaller plate with the bolt holes at 2:30 and 4:00, with the arm starting between them, but that would be quite a lot of strain to put onto two bolts. 

Alternatively to that, you could use the holes at 2:30, 4:00, and 9:00 with a big cut out and run an arm straight down from there, but once again, you run into the problem of leverage from the arm to the bolt holes.

With the big power levels that a 2jz will probably put out, I don't even know if the stock datsun rubber mounts could handle the rotation of the motor. It might actually be more economical to hardmount it to the chassis if the motor is indeed as smooth as avernier says. Either that or use a captive mount with a massive washer and reinforcement to the stock crossmember.

If someone here can confirm for us that your motor mounts sit at the same spot as mine do, I can build you a pair when I fab mine up.

I am running a 2jzge in a '73 240z.

I am looking to get some made for my 1JZ swap also.  Its pretty much the last thing i need to get done to finish my project.  Please let me know if you are able to make a set for me also and when you will be making them.  If you could message me with your number so i can call and get it all figured out that would be great.  Thanks,  Ben

Hi guys. This would be my first reply to Hybrid Z. Great forum!

I thought some of my info might be useful. I have a 72z that's getting a 1jzgte vvti/R154. I bought the kit to install my engine/trans combo from Tech2 Motorsports and I have to tell you, it's very nice. The driveshaft BTW, is alum and becaues I'm using an r200, he made sure to have the correct u-joints for my install. Carlos, the owner, not only is a good guy but has a ton of 1j/2j experience. He is a big fan of the JZ engine and has done many Z's with them. So far I've been in the 'collecting' mode for my project and haven't had a chance to see how it lines up in the car. But, if it goes in half as good as it looks, I'm going to be 'ok'....

devil280z, how is your project coming along? Any words of advise?..lol...

devil280z, how is your project coming along? Any words of advise?..lol...

Just picked up the motor today from the machine shop, looks great!!  Saturday i am going to put the intake and exhaust on.  I cant wait, going to be amazing.  The only thing hanging me up right now is that fact that i need a engine mount.  I dont trust my own skills to make it myself and i cant spend 1500 for the Ebay kit.   Soo freaking close i cant stand it.....  I will try and get some pics uploaded for you guys on my build post.