HybridZ

78 280z stock motor & 5 speed trans

YoSammyT

I recently purchased a 1978 280Z that for the past couple of weeks has been my daily driver (just cause it's fun to drive).  I used to own a 71 240Z and did the V8 conversion... I've been sorry since the day I sold it and vowed to do another one.

The engine in this 280 is great.  Bone stock, the odometer is at 33k (133k miles) and the car is in great shape.  Before I pull it out I'd like to sell the engine/trans and show that they are in nice condition.

My question is how much is a good stock engine with the 5-speed trans included worth?  Should I sell them separately?

I'm not selling them now, just trying to get an idea of their value.

Thanks,.
Tory

Edited by YoSammyT

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd give an update.  I put the engine / transmission on Craigslist for $450 while it was still in the car so the buyer could see it running. Had a lot of immediate interest.  Ended up selling it for a little less and included ECU, wiring harness, exhaust, and pretty much everything else connected to the engine.

The V8 install went well.  It was my second one (first one was 10 years ago) and it took me around a month of an hour or two here and there to get it running.  

Check out the quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hoQ-T0RX7E