HybridZ

"123 Ignition" Distributor Replacement for Nissan L4/L6

Tony D

Gentlemen

I have read your posts and concerns. Let me assure you, if I can source the parts from the Japanese supplier to put together a total package for you here in the US I will.

However timing of your requests has made it difficult to respond in a timely manner. The mfg in the Netherlands does not make the fittings for the L4 and L6 engines. I have asked them directly. Of course one could always purchase the TUNE4 or Tune 6 straight away and make the conversion themselves. I am willing to go out on a limb here and say... for me to purchase those bits from Japan will add many dollars to the initial cost of the 123. And may make it cost prohibitive. However if we can convince the manufacturer to produce the parts needed as they have for the Kent engine and BMW engines it would be a great savings to you and any who come after you.

So keep in mind the following, regardless of who you purchase from. The Tune products will work the best and are for non injected engines. If you have an electronicly injected engine then you will need what they call an IE version which has a trigger mechanism for the injection. But it is not tunable it has 16 pre mapped curves, most likely the GB6-R-V or GB4-R-V would offer curves closest to what you need here.This is a great product and is fairly new to the market. I think it was 2006 when I first heard of them and in 2007 I became a supplier.

So I apologise if I have offended anyone. This is not intended to be a ploy for business. But since I have you all together it would be an opportunity to get on the same page.

Respectfully submitted

Ed

I have decided to put my engineer brother and pc programming frineds onto my own ignition system. Things are going well and soon i hope to be able to supply my own distributor driven dual fire cop ignition system, fully programable and with boost retard capabilities!! Current progress now is the writing of the program while i figure out how to stuff all the electronics into a modified distributor with a oiding electronic signal cross talk. I will keep you all posted!!! This is not a joke people, its just going to take some time to work out all the bugs :-) i do have a working prototype as of now, but not currently pc controlled. Im just workig on how the signal inputs work with the pencil type cop coils...

Gentlemen

I have read your posts and concerns. Let me assure you, if I can source the parts from the Japanese supplier to put together a total package for you here in the US I will.

However timing of your requests has made it difficult to respond in a timely manner. The mfg in the Netherlands does not make the fittings for the L4 and L6 engines. I have asked them directly. Of course one could always purchase the TUNE4 or Tune 6 straight away and make the conversion themselves. I am willing to go out on a limb here and say... for me to purchase those bits from Japan will add many dollars to the initial cost of the 123. And may make it cost prohibitive. However if we can convince the manufacturer to produce the parts needed as they have for the Kent engine and BMW engines it would be a great savings to you and any who come after you.

So keep in mind the following, regardless of who you purchase from. The Tune products will work the best and are for non injected engines. If you have an electronicly injected engine then you will need what they call an IE version which has a trigger mechanism for the injection. But it is not tunable it has 16 pre mapped curves, most likely the GB6-R-V or GB4-R-V would offer curves closest to what you need here.This is a great product and is fairly new to the market. I think it was 2006 when I first heard of them and in 2007 I became a supplier.

So I apologise if I have offended anyone. This is not intended to be a ploy for business. But since I have you all together it would be an opportunity to get on the same page.

Respectfully submitted

Ed

You good sir do not need to apologize. I made a mistake by taking the first post in this topic as good information. It was an error on behalf of the original poster and is slight mis-information. I made the mistake in trusting this information and did not do my own research in the matter before emailing you, thus our mis-communication. My error in judgement on mis-information will end up making me look like an international moron, and it is MY mistake not yours. Now that i have all the correct facts and done my homework in this matter, I apologize for the mistake. I trusted the information posted bt another forums member with out performing the proper research about the product!

Again I apologize to you, and I will end up apologizing to the dutchies about this. The product you make available is fantastic and I wish you the best of luck!!!

On a side note this has givin me the push to finish my own ignition system, so in the end I still get what I was originally after. Also I learned a valuable lesson, to err is human. Even the best people with the best intentions will make mistakes in posting errent information about a product or service without performing the proper research!!!!

Lesson learned- ALWAYS do your homework :-)

Good day sir and have happy hollidays!!!!

i figure out how to stuff all the electronics into a modified distributor with a oiding electronic signal cross talk.

If the focus is on tunable advance curves, wouldn't it be simpler to use an external box?  Miniaturizing is difficult, and could be the show-stopper.  Once you get the basic hardware and the code worked out, that could come later.  You could even strap it to the side like a ZX module instead of under the cap.

If the focus is on tunable advance curves, wouldn't it be simpler to use an external box? Miniaturizing is difficult, and could be the show-stopper. Once you get the basic hardware and the code worked out, that could come later. You could even strap it to the side like a ZX module instead of under the cap.

Have faith!! With what i learned earlier today about the controller, its litteraly the size of a stick of gum!!

My idea is making an ignition system all built into a dist cap size. Basically you would take your stock dizzy, remove the guts and install my unit. Then get the bosch pencil type cop coils, do some wiring, do a little programing and done!! I already have the setup i designed driving the cop coils, now i just gota add the map sensor and the main pc driver board. Im currently waiting to hear back from my pc friends about the program i wrote. I hope that v15.0 is a go!! Im so close, so close.... I even have my company name and logo design for the top of the new cap. Right now we are looking at either hdpe or delron for the cap material. As for now im using a couple of modified spray paint can lids, just for mock up purposes.

I resent being accused of spreading "bad" information.

I saw a Nissan L-Series Drop In application, in Japan.

It exists.

My mistake was looking further and thinking finding the actual manufacturer of the core piece was worth it for information in English, and then spoon feeding the US Distributor's information to make it easier for other people to inquire about it.

For me, I will go to the guy who made the videos of the DROP IN L4/L6 Nissan distributors and simply buy from them. I don't see it as "cost prohibitive" and the mistake was thinking Americans were willing to pay a reasonable price, or do reasonable work expected to install such a part.

You had two choices (three, actually): parts from Netherlands

Parts and conversion pieces fabbed in USA.

DROP IN UNIT available in Japan (and through some source in The Netherlands as well, apparently.)

Sorry I brought it up. I won't make that mistake again.

Keep in mind the HUGE HURDLE in this instance was a guy unwilling to spend $90 to have the parts fitted to his car.

Jesus Christ, that effing cheap! Coffey isn't kidding, and it just goes to show the low rent nature of Americans working on Z-Cars.

Unbelievable.

Atleast i had the wherewith all to apologize tonyd. And now you call me a cheap bastard after what you originaly said via pm. Shame on you, no better than the people you shake your bad boy stick at. My fault was trusting what you originally posted, not bad information, just very mis-leading. I understand you get tosay as you will here due to your funds keeping the lights on arou d here. Thanks for that. That said, atleast I had the guts to apologize while you still point the finger in other directions instead of owning up to the fact that what you originally posted is very mis-leading. Good day.

Re-Read Post #1, 3, & 6.... And point out EXACTLY WHAT WAS MISLEADING!

Your inability to search ON YOUR OWN was noted in Post #7....

My "misleading replies" or "what I said to you in PM's" consists of the following:

"Let me go find them again...they're full of shite! They are available in Japan."

AND

"SHOW 'EM THIS AND TELL 'EM "stuff this in your pipe and smoke it!"

"

(Posted Publicly, and concurrently as sent to you.

AND FINALLY

"Sounds to me like DAC-House is the guys. If the price is around Y58,000 then it's price comparable with exchange and the EMS post from Japan is more reliable than anything here...

Talk about a lazy bastard!"

(In response to lengthy characterisations of the local distributor.)

Dude, you are unreasonable, and have issues implying anything from those PM's!

Like I said, bottom feeders wanting things handed to them for free.

This has nothing to do with anything other than that.

I truly am sorry I ever mentioned this, or replied AT ALL to your obvious lies and mis-statements about the US Distributor.

My suggestion would be to the moderators to delete everything in this thread save for posts #1, 3, 6, 7, & 21 (the US Distributor's response.) As they are about the only factual information in this thread not getting personal and not trying to hawk their own product.

Edited by Tony D