HybridZ

5 LUG HUB STUB AXLES CONVERSION FOR 240Z, 260Z, 280Z

We just started selling these CNC re-drilled rear stub axles. These rear stub axles come with a 5x114.3 and 4x114.3 bolt pattern. This will allow you to use 5 lug wheels on your S30. Many popular cars like the 240sx, 300zx and 350z have the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. You will need to get your own wheel studs. They are stock 27 spline 280Z stub axles with 280z companion flanges. They will work with any 240Z 260Z and 280Z axle. The 240z does not have the same spine count as the 280z but since these come with the companion flange they will bolt into your stock 240z axle. 

Price is $300 plus you send us your original stub axles and companion flanges as cores

or $450 without cores

TO ORDER GO TO OUR WEBSITE:

http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-240z/suspension/5-lug-hub-stub-axles-for-240z-260z-280z

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

post-2140-0-46912500-1388768580_thumb.jpg

post-2140-0-84824600-1388768598_thumb.jpg

post-2140-0-70408600-1388768612_thumb.jpg

It's not a scam, if you want to make up a bunch and offer them at a lower price-knock yourself out.  I can't drill a straight hole to save my life-bit always walks around.  If you add up the time it probably takes to set up for quality machine work, that price is fair.  Especially if you compare the cost of doing it wrong.  Next, price compare against competing products-Chequered Flag Racing billet stubs at $730 a pair.  This vendor offers a cheaper alternative.  I don't know the original poster, but I support his efforts.

$300 is steep. It would take me no more than 1 hour to re-drill someone's stub axles on a CNC mill, blasting them would take about 15 minutes. There is also the issue of not enough material around the holes as someone mentioned. It would be fine for a stock hp Z looking to convert to 5 lug, but has anyone actually put these stubs through abuse?

Comparing this to the billet stubs: I would much rather spend an extra $400 on billet stubs I know wont separate. You have to remember a lot of people on here have 3 to 5 times the power of a stock Z.

Consider it this way: $300 to re-drill stock stubs VS $740 to buy the material, machine it down, drill the holes, machine the splines, turn the threads, install studs, make sure everything will work like bearings, offer a warranty against breakage etc, etc

You get my point.

Edited by 240zdan

Food for thought:

I had my stock stubs redrilled by local machinist for $120. (they welded up the old holes and machined down the mating surface smooth as well)

Modern Motorsports used to do them for $150+ core and they welded material around the near edge holes. 

Edited by 280zcar

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your input. We just started making these stub axles. If you think it is "easy" to drill just 4 holes then go ahead and do it. You'll soon realize that drilling into steel that has been heat treated is not an easy or fast task. Also we broke a $375 set of drill bits while we were trying to figure out the best way to drill these holes. Not to mention the fact that you need a CNC machine to make the bolt pattern centered. That stuff cost money. 

Either way I understand your point of view and that's why I will drop the price to $349 or $199 if you send us your cores. 

What do you think now, is the price fair?

Here is the updated link to our website

http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-240z/suspension/5-lug-hub-stub-axles-for-240z-260z-280z

let me know if you have any other questions. 

Who would be interested in buying 5 lug stub axles made to withstand your V8 or other high HP S30? If there is enough interest I could start making them soon. 

Make those axles have the possibility of 4 lug and somewhat affordable and you have yourself an interested party.

Edit:

In response to...

Who would be interested in buying 5 lug stub axles made to withstand your V8 or other high HP S30? If there is enough interest I could start making them soon. 

Edited by seattlejester

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your input. We just started making these stub axles. If you think it is "easy" to drill just 4 holes then go ahead and do it. You'll soon realize that drilling into steel that has been heat treated is not an easy or fast task. Also we broke a $375 set of drill bits while we were trying to figure out the best way to drill these holes. Not to mention the fact that you need a CNC machine to make the bolt pattern centered. That stuff cost money. 

Either way I understand your point of view and that's why I will drop the price to $349 or $199 if you send us your cores. 

What do you think now, is the price fair?

Here is the updated link to our website

let me know if you have any other questions. 

I would be SERIOUSLY interested in buying an entire kit to get rid of the stock axles on my r200, as well as convert to 5 lug at the same time. I just recently finished swapping a 500hp 383 into my 260Z. I don't have the greatest budget, and would like the added security.

• 3 years later...