HybridZ

Looking for high-res shots of engine bay decals

LanceVance

I'm looking to recreate some of the decals found in the engine bay for my restomod Z. For the most part they will be same as OEM, but where appropriate I would modify them to reflect the current specifications of my build (An example would be something similar in style to the SU carb sticker on the 240z Airbox, only with Mikuni or Webers to match the build; an OEM look for modified motors. Another example would be the paint code decal with whichever non Datsun paint code you may have used).

What I'm asking of the Z community is for any high resolution photos or scans of decals that you might have. I would be using them to create duplicates in Adobe Illustrator which I would then share here for anyone inclined to have their own custom decals printed. I may consider offering customized decals as a service, but that would be dependent on whether or not I can find a decent print shop capable of printing metal foil decals. Considering the low volume, it may or may not be feasible.

Any HybridZers who work in, or own a printshop capable of doing this sort of work feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in getting involved.

The decal I'm mostly focused on now would be the valve cover decal from a ZX; can't seem to find a good shot of one anywhere! Any under hood decal would be appreciated at this point however.

Thanks in advance!

My 280Z (not sure if other years share this too?) has the horsepower rating on a plaque under the hood. That would be cool to redo with the upgraded specs! I'd get you high res shots, but my car is inaccessible in winter,

That one, being an actual plaque, is slightly more involved but definitely on the to do list. Got to wait for dyno results though!

• 1 month later...