HybridZ
bens1088

Dapper Lighting Version 2 Projector Headlights

It's time to upgrade your Dapper Lighting Headlights.

We recently released our V2 versions of our popular Classic Kit. Upgrades include bright LED halos and a MUCH larger projector.

Because this kit hasn't been released to our dealers yet, we can offer a good group buy on them.

These retail at $499 and the group buy will be offering them for $299 with a 20 set group buy. If we can get to 40 sets, the price will drop to $275. We successfully had over 100 orders on our original group buy for the V1 Classics.

You can also add an HID kit for $100.

http://www.dapperlighting.com/collections/projector-headlights/products/dapper-lighting-7-inch-classic-v2-projector-kit

I do have ONE set available that we can sell to someone who wants to test fit these units into a S130.

They will be available in BLACK OR CHROME for the same price.

ETA on this shipment to arrive will be May 15th.

Stock Output:

post-1991-0-47415000-1389838428_thumb.png

Classic V1 Output:

post-1991-0-40566900-1389838406_thumb.png

Classic V2 Output:

post-1991-0-36274500-1389838250_thumb.png

post-1991-0-74209200-1389838258_thumb.png

Classic V2 Halo:

post-1991-0-40910200-1389838276_thumb.png

Not a terrible fan of the halo, but holy hell that light pattern is awesome. Any plan to put these projectors into your square housings also?

Most likely not. We will be coming out with a different kit for the squares that uses an updated DOT projector. Will not be as pricey and have a pretty good cutoff. We have 3 new models coming out this year.

Not too crazy about the halo either, but my ricer side always thought dim red halos look sort of badass. Any chance of offering them in different colours? 

Unfortunately we won't have them in different colors. We can also order some without halos as well.

I will trade you my V1 Modern set lol. Id be interested but not until summer. I remember i came over to your place and installed them on the street. Been working perfectly ever since.

Haha. Used sets have been selling pretty well on forums. I'm sure someone will pick it up from you.

Count me in. I dont mind the halos.

Please PM me your email and address and we will send you an invoice and paypal request.

Ben is the man!  I still have my V1's and loving them.  

Thanks man! Time to upgrade though!

We have 4 of 20. You can also order them without LED halos. These lights are on par with the top of the line projector headlights on the market.

Would anyone be interested to get them in black?

Ben,

What is keeping these newer versions from dot certification? will these eventually be certified? Not exactly a deal breaker for me, but curious none the less, as I still have the first version new and awaiting to be installed at the time of reassembly of the project.

Ben,

What is keeping these newer versions from dot certification? will these eventually be certified? Not exactly a deal breaker for me, but curious none the less, as I still have the first version new and awaiting to be installed at the time of reassembly of the project.

The laws are funky. DOT testing/certification isn't mandatory and it's expensive to send them in for testing. They really just need to be FMVSS108 compliant to be road legal. All of our lights are FMVSS compliant with a halogen bulb. With an HID bulb (what most people are running), it's illegal and there's no getting around that. However, proper housings aimed and focused correctly shouldn't draw any attention to LEO.

Basically... it's 5-10K to send in one model to be certified. With everyone running HIDs, theres no point really to certify them. Just need to make sure they meet the FMVSS.

The next light in development that I mentioned uses a projector that's previously been certified. We've integrated it into a housing and are even developing a drop in LED light module.

Updated. Keep them coming guys. We need 14 more people. This is seriously a killer deal. Better pricing than what most of our dealers will buy them at.

1. B. Whisky Not paid (HIDs?)

2. ApexedZ Not paid (HIDs?)

3. Carfan Not paid (HIDs?)

4. Geez Not Paid (No Halo) (HIDs?)

5. Nelsonian Not Paid (Not Halo) 5000K HIDs

6. Kirby260 Not Paid (No Halo) 5000K 55W HIDs

7. -strike- Not Paid (Halo/BLACK) 5000K 55W HIDs

Edited by bens1088

I can only assume the photos shown here of the V2's output are with the optional HID kit. Light color/temperature and the output are totally different things. A halogen or HID should be able produce the same color of light if you want. That would just be in the bulb selection. It's the brightness/output/lumens or what not that give you that extra omph from that of HIDS

I went with a 5000k HID bulb setup, because I want to keep the light as white as possible, without venturing over too far into the blues that the 6000k starts to get into, from there and going higher in the Kelvin scale can start to reduce the actual usable light output.