HybridZ

Something happened to my injectors

skirkland1980

The engine that bent the rod was a small block chevy in my old camaro. I had to cut a hole in the hood to clear the air filter (carbureted engine). It had rained and water soaked the air filter and dripped into the intake and cylinder head. The engine fired instantly and bent the rod. It was cylinder #7 or 8. It immediately started knocking because the crank counterweight would hit the bottom if the piston at bdc.

Edited by skirkland1980

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I was wrong about what happened. I unplugged the ecu and turned on the power supply to the injectors. I disconnected all the injectors and connected a digital volt meter to one of the injector connectors. I found 11 volts while wiggling the harness. That means that the signal wire from the ecu was shorting somewhere. I removed the entire harness from the car and looked for a short. I didn't find a problem but I taped up the harness and reinstalled it into the car and have not had this problem again....just a timing problem for now.

Edited by skirkland1980