HybridZ
Redxiii

Custom LD28 Crankshaft

Dusty    1

The modern day money maker for imports is to kit parts which scat does (not 500 or 5000 combinations like a chevy).  If there was a standard stroker setup with probably a flat top piston they could justify a forging and selling kits to catalog companies like summit, jegs, liberty for these engines. Scat can sell you a balanced rotating assembly in most other makes, sure makes things simple.  

For the money and effort, I'd rather go with as much stroke possible. Might as well play with options to lighten it, have it knife edged, counter balanced, etc. Whatever to make it stand out from the used $600 cranks that pop up reguarly. Offering an affordable option to kameari's larger stroke $5,000+ crank would be great for stateside builders as well. Right now the options are nearly $10k for a 3.35, right? Personally, I'd push the chinese option. That $1000 is forged 89-90mm pistons right there. Cheaper the better is the general consensus of the datsun community imo.

Edited by 1vicissitude

"Free, and come to pick it up it's yours" is overpriced in the American Datsun Community in my experience!

Haha yeah... Still think it would be beneficial to offer more stroke than just copy the ld28. $2,000 for a large stroke crank, places like Datsun spirit and Rebello would certainly have their interests peaked for their higher dollar builds. I don't think it's all that uncommon for builds from either to cost 8k or more, would certainly make things interesting without a huge price hike.

Edited by 1vicissitude

Xnke    21

So how many folks have figured out the method I am using to get a 90mm stroke L32 crankshaft?

Hint...what other Nissan has the same bore spacing, same bearing diameters, and has a timing belt instead of a chain?

Some effort required...

Xnke    21

Nay, look closer to home. Although, there is a guy with 96mm stroke forgings out there, for the 3.6L engines...

The RB crankshaft can be pressed into service, but it requires work. An RB forging, as long as the snout and bearings are not finished, is the place to start from.