HybridZ

Inner fender liners?

osirus9

I was looking around and I couldn't find much info on inner fender liners.

By that I mean a plastic inner liner that closes off the front and back of the wheel well like on any modern car. This would be for better aero, and also to protect the inner fender from rocks and whatnot.

Has anybody got something like that on their Z? I was thinking of going to the junkyard and trying to find something that I could make fit (once the weather improves here), but I'd love to see if anybody else has done this before.

Yea I see them for sale here and there, but the originals tend to be in pretty poor shape (brittle/cracked). Mine did not come with anything at all (78). I was also hoping to find something that would go down further, like all the way to the bottom of the frame rail, or at least the floor pan. Anybody tried to make one from another car fit?

I've seen a guy here in Australia use a plastic rubbish bin for liners on this 240z.

He bought 4 cheap black corrugated plastic bins with those removable lids from a hardware store for like $5aud each. Then sliced a ring out of them and trimmed to fit in his wheel wells. Looked suprisingly good.

• 3 years later...

If there is a sabic plastic in your area you could try buying a sheet of 1/16 ABS plastic. That's what I'm planning to do once I get to that point in my build. It's easily shaped with a heat gun.

Have you tried this yet? Just wondering how it worked out for you since it seems like finding fender liners for S30's in good condition is like winning the lottery twice in the same day. 

Keith,

I found these for sale but they do not mount to the factory location, you have to drill holes in order to mount them  It looks like they may work though. I still would like to replicate the factory ones if possible but this is an option in case all else fails.

http://vintagezparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_6&products_id=1045

post-14557-0-24757600-1498822817_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-39238900-1498822824_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...