HybridZ

Feeding My Addiction (turbo build)

Exactly video or it didn't happen.

In due time. Its absurd on street tires. I can roll into it in 4th and it just blows them off when the boost hits. 

It was turning the slicks when I hit third as well. (thats when I upped from 15 to 18#) 

I haven't been to 20 yet. YET. :P

I was able to make a couple runs against a 4th gen Camaro (383 LS w/no2) this weekend with the slicks on. It pulled hard the first run and I left him pretty quickly. This thing hooks awesome from a dig! 

It was good to see your car in person this weekend at the Ice Cream Cruise Sunny Z. It's a very clean install for sure.   

I was able to make a couple runs against a 4th gen Camaro (383 LS w/no2) this weekend with the slicks on. It pulled hard the first run and I left him pretty quickly. This thing hooks awesome from a dig! 

It was good to see your car in person this weekend at the Ice Cream Cruise Sunny Z. It's a very clean install for sure.   

Says the guy who won cleanest swap! Haha.

We went out and took some money on saturday night. There would have been some good races for you as well. Next time.

i hate you both!!!! I am pleading for video because my car is still in JAIL....... I am hoping that the shop will have it finished at the end of the month..... they keep on telling me I will have a VERY hard time controlling it..... lol.....I say that is what a gas pedal is for.......

Says the guy who won cleanest swap! Haha.

We went out and took some money on saturday night. There would have been some good races for you as well. Next time.

I wish I would have tried to call you. We were waiting on one of my buddies contacts to text him but they never did. Come to find out later he did get a text and didn't see it. Our night kinda sucked until about 2:00 am. Like you said though, next time.

I wish I would have tried to call you. We were waiting on one of my buddies contacts to text him but they never did. Come to find out later he did get a text and didn't see it. Our night kinda sucked until about 2:00 am. Like you said though, next time.

Yeah. Several of the cars that went out in the first two rounds of the MCD event were with us. 

What intake setup did you wind up going with for pulling air in on the cold side of the turbo? And i can't remember, are you running a water cooled turbo? Lastly ball bearing or journal bearing version of this turbo?

Thanks

(I'm just compiling everybodies different turbo layouts and pricing my build lol)

What intake setup did you wind up going with for pulling air in on the cold side of the turbo? And i can't remember, are you running a water cooled turbo? Lastly ball bearing or journal bearing version of this turbo?

Thanks

(I'm just compiling everybodies different turbo layouts and pricing my build lol)

So far the intake is just the turbo. I plan on welding up an aluminum box that will pull fresh air from the hood vent on the drivers side.

The turbo is water cooled with ball bearing setup. Thanks for inquiring.

My IATs are comparable to yours Sunny but only while cruising. If I get into any stop and go traffic they climb pretty fast. Like when I was waiting in line at the Ice Cream Ctuise. I'm sure I dipped into a part of the fueling tables that haven't seen action for quite some time. Ha

Edited by Slow78z

• 4 weeks later...

I've got to say I love and hate these engines. The hate comes from my #7 piston breaking the ring lands but this was caused by a lean condition I had. My fuel pump got clogged from some crap in the tank and starved the engine at WOT.

The love part is from being able to find a used piston, installing said used piston, and thrashing on the Z some more. What an engine!!!