HybridZ

manual tranny questions?

Zorm

Looking at either a BW T-5 out of a 85 camero (need to find a bellhousing) or a NV3500 out of a 01 Silverado, this will be going behind a 383 using the JTR mounting brackets going into a 280zx (fairlady 280z) Car will be something like a daily/weekend driver, no track for right now.  

Which tranny would work (mounting) or would be better behind the 383.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a 75 350 mated to an 85 corvette bell mated to a camero t5. Needed to fab a trans mount. Luckily I found a ase certified mechanic who is into hot rods and he fabbed it and an exhaust system for me.

richard lopez ("the t5 guy") sells a shifter that mates to the camero t5 so that the lever sticks up straight instead of slanted. You can find him on the Phoenix Craigslist.

Good luck,

jim

I have a 75 350 mated to an 85 corvette bell mated to a camero t5. Needed to fab a trans mount. Luckily I found a ase certified mechanic who is into hot rods and he fabbed it and an exhaust system for me.

You didn't take any pictures, did you? I have a 75 327 presently with a turbo 350 auto and am planning a swap to manual. Just about finished collecting the parts to do the same as your Z.

Gary

Picked up a T5 yesterday with everything, bell, clutch master, slave, hose. Flywheel, camero pedles (selling) shifter lever, clutch fork and camero cross member (selling or scrap) Now son need to clean it up, and start on removing the old 6 cyl.

• 4 weeks later...

richard lopez ("the t5 guy") sells a shifter that mates to the camero t5 so that the lever sticks up straight instead of slanted. You can find him on the Phoenix Craigslist.

Jim,

Thank you for the head's up on this. I found Richard's contact info on the Phoenix Craigslist as you mention and picked up a shifter (a very helpful guy).

Gary :2thumbs:

• 1 month later...