HybridZ

Floor pans/Seat rails

So on my 260Z the floor pans are shot. No nice way to put it. And the Dingus that Owned it prior to me I guess was just trying to make it driveable and he just riveted in a little piece of sheet metal in the drivers floor board. Well anyway it has led to a huGe mess in the floor pans and the bottom of the sEat rails look like they have a little structural rust on them. My plan is to get a recaro or some kind of after market seat with the avaliability of a harness to be installed. So my question is would it be worth trying to salvage the front seat rail or just cut the thing out with no discretion? Not to mention does anyone have a few pictures of where they installed the new floor pans and support rails from http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/30-7317.

I really want to know how far back im gonna have to cut and also how far up the trans tunnel I need to tear the fabric. Thanks guys!

If the rust hasn't started creeping up the curved section at the base of the transmission tunnel then it is infinitely easier to trim the replacement floors so that you are welding flat onto a section of the original floor rather than onto the transmission tunnel wall, as making the curvature of a replacement floor fit onto there is a mission all of its own.