HybridZ
JPN_Garage

BC Racing coilovers for S30 *** Now offering extreme low kits ***

Now on sale

http://www.jpngarage.com/240Z-early-260Z-BC-br-coilovers-1969-to-1974-BR-69-74-240Z.htm

I was at the BC racing coilovers factory today speaking with the production managers and I volunteered my 260Z for a full bolt on S30 BC Racing coilover kit.

The car will be dropped of this week and it will take from 30 to 45 days to produce a product for our 240, 260 and 280Z's.

There will be 1 options.

1) Bottom weld on coilovers with bolt on camber plates.

I have always had BC coilovers on my Subarus and they are amazing so im very happy about this.

Prices are subject to change.

Option:

1) Full coilovers weld on kit  with Camber plates included $1195

2) Add swift springs to your order for $325

3) Camber plates separate $195 for 2 plates

BC S30 kit Spring Diameters:

Front length is 180 mm

Rear length is 220 mm

Inner diameter is 62 mm 

Shock Body length: 

Regular kit Front 230mm body 110mm stroke

Rear 290mm body and 140mm stroke

Extreme kit:

Front 210mm body and 100mm stroke

Rear 270mm body and 130mm stroke

We are now offering an extreme low kit and extended camber bolt plates as a free upgrade.

The regular kit offeres 1 to 3 inch drop. 

The Extreme low kit  2 to 4 inches.

If you need more low then this I can always put in a custom order to BC.

Datsun S30 BC Coilovers options:

1) 1970 240Z to early 74 260Z  (50mm shock body)

2) 1974.5 260Z to 1978 280Z   (55mm shock body)

Camber plate options: (No Cutting Required)

*The first style of camber plate is the direct bolt on style which offers a 3 bolt design that bolts into the strut tower with no cutting or welding required.

*The second option for camber plates is a 4 bolt design that allows for more extreme camber (both positive & negative).  

The 4-bolt design utilizes two of the factory holes but still requires two new holes be drilled.

You''l notice the dropped style camber plates which allow you to be able to adjust the camber and maintain stock mounting points.

Specs:

BC's coilovers has a patented concave lower locking rings that are a part of these new coilovers.

These rings insure that all adjustments made stay locked tight in place to keep suspension geometry precise.  

Ride height is adjusted independent from the struts like in most of  BC's other coilover applications.

Dampening adjustments are easily accessed through the center of the strut tower mount.

All BC coilovers come with a 30 levels of dampening force for compression and rebound. 

post-40351-0-40432700-1410790104_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-07193200-1410790107_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-05473400-1410790108_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-80353500-1410790108_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-41193600-1410790109_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-50393800-1410790110_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-25273900-1410790111_thumb.jpg

post-40351-0-82994000-1410790111_thumb.jpg

Edited by JPN_Garage

Interested, but I have a 240z.

Aren't the spindles/hubs different between the 240z and 280z? Like different diameter strut tubes or something if i recall correctly...

Might want to look into that.

Would be a shame to think they were developing a product for all gens when in fact it only fits the 280z. This is an issue with the d2/ksports supposedly.

I'd take BC over Megan anyday, they offer spring choice and re-valving as well. Nothing against Mckinnly, but paying $1200+ for megan streets kind of hurts. I understand why the extra cost is there, I just hate the idea of spending that much on megans... Other platforms they are generally considered the junk of the world. Not that BC is anything mind blowingly spectacular haha. I'm just glad to see another possible option, and the bolt-in parts sounds interesting.

Edited by 1vicissitude

I'd be in. I had some on my old Cobalt SS and was impressed for the price. I can't attest to their longevity or durability but for the street driving I did they were adequate. My Z is already on a fresh set of GC coilovers with illuminas but I wouldn't mind having a spare set due to the availability of the struts on that setup.

Interested, but I have a 240z.

Aren't the spindles/hubs different between the 240z and 280z? Like different diameter strut tubes or something if i recall correctly...

Might want to look into that.

Would be a shame to think they were developing a product for all gens when in fact it only fits the 280z. This is an issue with the d2/ksports supposedly.

I'd take BC over Megan anyday, they offer spring choice and re-valving as well. Nothing against Mckinnly, but paying $1200+ for megan streets kind of hurts. I understand why the extra cost is there, I just hate the idea of spending that much on megans... Other platforms they are generally considered the junk of the world. Not that BC is anything mind blowingly spectacular haha. I'm just glad to see another possible option, and the bolt-in parts sounds interesting.

Strut tube diameter is different, and 280Z rears are taller, but that's nothing that prevents them being interchangeable between all years of S30. Biggest potential issue would be limited ride height adjustability on the rear. 

Strut tube diameter is different, and 280Z rears are taller, but that's nothing that prevents them being interchangeable between all years of S30. Biggest potential issue would be limited ride height adjustability on the rear. 

If it were a weld on kit like the mckinnley the diameter of the tube will effect the ability to have a tight fit on the sleeve that is welded to the hub. Mckinnley offers 280z and 240z versions for this reason. 

I see your point about the bolt on though, if it were like the t3 or tein kits with all four hubs included this would be a non-issue.

im trying to plan out my suspension setup as of now, whether i piece it together with adjustable weld in plates with eibach/ground control welded onto some tokico illumina adjustable shocks, or it be a s13 coilover conversion with mounting tubes. If we can get a group buy goin on and get the price around 1k, id be down in about a month when im ready to go through the suspension, after I get some rubber for these wheels I just bought. Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, not sure why BC hasnt got in the game earlier. Any good coilover manufacterer could take over the game if they made a reasonably priced bolt on kit for the guys with no garages and welders immediately available...

im trying to plan out my suspension setup as of now, whether i piece it together with adjustable weld in plates with eibach/ground control welded onto some tokico illumina adjustable shocks, or it be a s13 coilover conversion with mounting tubes. If we can get a group buy goin on and get the price around 1k, id be down in about a month when im ready to go through the suspension, after I get some rubber for these wheels I just bought. Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, not sure why BC hasnt got in the game earlier. Any good coilover manufacterer could take over the game if they made a reasonably priced bolt on kit for the guys with no garages and welders immediately available...

Thats what were doing  :icon10:

Cool! Bit more detail would help for me.

1. If purchasing the front or complete bolt in kit, would it require sending in our existing parts for an exchange (no good for me) or would this be a direct replacement

2. If ordering the weld in kit does it include the shock inside a complete strut that has a sleeve for attaching our spindle?

3. Spring rates?

4. Can they provide camber plates? Has this been discussed? Or is this left up to us to integrate or not as we see fit.

Excellent work

Cool! Bit more detail would help for me.

1. If purchasing the front or complete bolt in kit, would it require sending in our existing parts for an exchange (no good for me) or would this be a direct replacement

2. If ordering the weld in kit does it include the shock inside a complete strut that has a sleeve for attaching our spindle?

3. Spring rates?

4. Can they provide camber plates? Has this been discussed? Or is this left up to us to integrate or not as we see fit.

Excellent work

1) Direct replacement no exchange required.

2)Yes.

3)Spring rates are still being determined but there will be various

4) Camber plates were spoke about but we have to let the engineers figure this out before I give you more info cause its still to early in the production faze.

Damn, I wish this came up few months ago. I used S13 BC Racing coilovers in mine but would have been interested in these for that price.

I made my camper plates so that they can be used without cutting strut tower. There is not that much adjustment than these coilovers originally have, but at least some.