HybridZ
JPN_Garage

BC Racing coilovers for S30 *** Now offering extreme low kits ***

"Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, "

Not true. You could piece together a shortened strut corner using Bilstien P30s, Eibach or Hypercoils springs, threaded collars, and DP camber plates for about $350. If you went with Koni 8610s you would be about $450 a corner.

Both of those setups would be (from a handling perspective) equal to or better then the BR series. But they are not "bolt on" so they require some skills to install - which scares off a lot of people.

• Like 1

"Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, "

Not true. You could piece together a shortened strut corner using Bilstien P30s, Eibach or Hypercoils springs, threaded collars, and DP camber plates for about $350. If you went with Koni 8610s you would be about $450 a corner.

Both of those setups would be (from a handling perspective) equal to or better then the BR series. But they are not "bolt on" so they require some skills to install - which scares off a lot of people.

Idk about the pricing on the dp camber plates ...the site says 185 and still says 185 ....but i ordered mine 2 weeks ago and don charged me 205 rears and 225 fronts because he said the price is going up...plus he said its going even higher at the end of this month.......why he still hasnt changed the price on the website is whats strange .

IMHO, the ER series would the one to get based on the shock dynos I've seen on NAISOC and Bimmerforums. The BR series shock is not better (probably worse) then the Tokico HP.

A bolt in ER series would be very interesting. All the ER I have seen have the external resevoir attached on the lower strut mount. Can't see this layout working unless they invert the strut. If they are repurposing s13 kits this probably won't happen.

I agree on the BC dampers not being that great. I mean, they are marginally better than Megans so at $1000 for a weld in kit we are better off than the mckinnley kit. However, the Megans and BC roll right off the same factory floor. You can even switch some parts between them. Megan even has it's own ER line just called something else. BC just does a marginally better job with the damping.

$1000 for a weld in kit is great. Interested in full four corner bolt on pricing. $200 extra for the front hub is a good deal, hopefully the rear hubs aren't much more. I'd rather have new hubs at all corners than spend the same amount on installation.

Edited by 1vicissitude

Most of those low quality JDM shocks are made in one factory in Taiwan.  I was approached years ago (along with dozens of other shops) by that factory.  They would make me a line of BetaMotorsports coil over kits in any color combination I wanted for the WRX, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mustang, and a couple other manufacturers.  Prices were insanely low (less then 4 Tokico Illuminas) but I had to accept whatever shock and spring they sent.

I passed.

BC is better then most in that they can do revalving and, more importantly, actually ask the right questions to do a good job on the revalve, given the limitations of the shocks used.

The real reason I want one is the lack of droop. I know you can add helper springs to help combat it with other DIY coil over options, but with my current cut tokico 280z springs I have to line them up every time I jack up the car or go across a tall bump at the wrong angle. I will say it does handle wonderfully with one nice dampening cycle that I can feel. As long as a set can provide similar dampening I don't think I would mind.

My main query is how will the kits attach to the car? We won't be able to get much camber adjustment through the tiny hole, and the bolt pattern spacing is too small to open up that hole very much. Or will these just be straight up bolt on and adjust via LCA coil overs?

BC is better then most in that they can do revalving and, more importantly, actually ask the right questions to do a good job on the revalve, given the limitations of the shocks used.

Agree'd.

I hope I didn't come off as negative about this setup. Honestly I was more than likely going to purchase the McKinney kit this summer. I'm highly interested and will more than likely purchase this kit, I even found a local fabricator to do the install for what I consider a decent price.

I wonder if they will do the camber tophats like the ones offered on ebay currently? Straight bolt-on no welding/drilling/cutting.

John, Currently I have Bilstien P30s on my car (was bought like that). When I saw this bolt on setup I was going to drop the setup I currently have and go for the BC coilovers. I never would have thought that my old Bilstien along with some over goodies might out perform the coilovers. Like you say the thing that really enticed me is that fact that its bolt-on. Do you think it would be wise to stick with what I got?

You P30 Bilstien shocks are much better the the BC BR series based on my experience with the P30 and the dyno charts for the BR series. The ER series shocks are a better shock then the out of the box P30. A revalued P30 has won many regional and divisional championships on ITS spec 240Zs.

Dang I wish I'd know about this before I bought my McKinney kit.

Still the difference between the kits probably won't be noticeably different once its actually installed on the car. I'd say the benefits here are mostly in ease of install and possibly price.

I am interested in either the Weld-on or Bolt-on options.

FYI I would also be interested in a more-expensive ER kit, if it was going to be feasible with the S30 application.

Thanks for expanding the Community's suspension options!!!

Keep is posted!

As soon as I have more info I will definetly post it.

So would a group buy price be lower if these are the regular prices?

Have you dropped off your Z?

We shall see if we get a big enough group.

I already dropped of the suspension components and they shipped them out to there engineering department so its just a matter of time.

I am interested in either the Weld-on or Bolt-on options.

FYI I would also be interested in a more-expensive ER kit, if it was going to be feasible with the S30 application.

Thanks for expanding the Community's suspension options!!!

All options will be considered when the coilovers are done

I really appreciate that.

If it was their top quality kit I'd consider changing my current setup over, I'd assume the size and thread of the body will be the same as my current setup so It should be a straight swap as long as the shock could be mounted with my camber adjustment setup.