HybridZ
JPN_Garage

BC Racing coilovers for S30 *** Now offering extreme low kits ***

Can we purchase the extended studs separately? I got a regular coilover set a few months ago and would now just like a set of of the extended studs.

Please let us know how much for those and how to order.

Thanks

Edited by terse

What is the range the regular kit offers?

Been wanting this kit for a while, but the lack of info is kind of holding me up.

1 to 3 inch drop on the default kit and 2 to 4 inches on the extreme lo kit

If you need more low then this I can always put in a custom order to BC.

Edited by JPN_Garage

Thanks, that helps quite a bit!

So for those interested the 240z is approximately 51 inches in stock height you can do some math and calculate the drop range from that value based off the the stock height and your current height. 

Shock Body length: 

Regular kit Front 230mm body 110mm stroke

Rear 290mm body and 140mm stroke

Extreme kit:

Front 210mm body and 100mm stroke

Rear 270mm body and 130mm stroke

Got them welded, just nothing else installed yet. Tested the height with a jack stand set to simulate a wheel fitted. Its at the bottom of the tube and the springs havent settled yet. I also cheated and chopped 15mm off the threaded tube and trimmed the stut tubes so the stut screws down to 45mm from the top of the cast part (weld).

IMG_20150619_200110_514_zpsorabopld.jpg

Used flux core, not too bad.

IMG_20150619_200305_774_zps8jsjwkrf.jpg

Am I correct saying that to adjust the height of the coilovers that yo would have to unbolt the whole body at the top and twist the whole thing since the bottom is welded up? Also because of this im hoping to get it right the first time. I'm looking to have little to no wheel gap and am running stock wheels with 195 70 14s any idea how much threaded area should be visible underneath the bottom of the spring to achieve this goal?

Question for you all that have installed these.

How are you all adjusting the camber on these? It seems like you have to drop the strut down in order to get the allen key into the hole to adjuster the camber plates.

Unless there's an easier way I'm missing?

I had trouble even dropping the strut... so instead I spun the strut down (ie. lowering it to the max) and that gave me enough room up top to put in allen wrench into the strut opening.

How are you guys doing it? thanks

i have the 3 bolt camber plates on a 74 260z

Edited by terse

I've seen somebody cut slots underneath two of the bolt holes to access the adjustment allen screw to adjust them on car, it seems like you would be cutting away quite a bit of material though. 

Usually people don't change camber or ride height very much once it is set, so these are bolt in at the price of making camber adjustment a bit more difficult. 

Question for you all that have installed these.

How are you all adjusting the camber on these? It seems like you have to drop the strut down in order to get the allen key into the hole to adjuster the camber plates.

Unless there's an easier way I'm missing?

I had trouble even dropping the strut... so instead I spun the strut down (ie. lowering it to the max) and that gave me enough room up top to put in allen wrench into the strut opening.

How are you guys doing it? thanks

i have the 3 bolt camber plates on a 74 260z

Jack up the corner of the car you want to adjust.

Remove the three strut tower bolts.  Let the strut assembly fall a little.

Loosen the allen bolts on the camber plate, and adjust camber.

Tighten allen bolts and reinstall the strut assembly.

Repeat for other corners

Tip: it helps to use a long allen key