Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Can't wait for that bolt on pricing!

Carbon Fiber 280z - Almost out of the body shop

IG: miky360

#22 benmac

benmac
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Cool! Bit more detail would help for me.

1. If purchasing the front or complete bolt in kit, would it require sending in our existing parts for an exchange (no good for me) or would this be a direct replacement

2. If ordering the weld in kit does it include the shock inside a complete strut that has a sleeve for attaching our spindle?

3. Spring rates?

4. Can they provide camber plates? Has this been discussed? Or is this left up to us to integrate or not as we see fit.

Excellent work

#23 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Cool! Bit more detail would help for me.

1. If purchasing the front or complete bolt in kit, would it require sending in our existing parts for an exchange (no good for me) or would this be a direct replacement

2. If ordering the weld in kit does it include the shock inside a complete strut that has a sleeve for attaching our spindle?

3. Spring rates?

4. Can they provide camber plates? Has this been discussed? Or is this left up to us to integrate or not as we see fit.

Excellent work

1) Direct replacement no exchange required.

2)Yes.

3)Spring rates are still being determined but there will be various

4) Camber plates were spoke about but we have to let the engineers figure this out before I give you more info cause its still to early in the production faze.

www.jpngarage.com

#24 TeemuM

TeemuM
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Damn, I wish this came up few months ago. I used S13 BC Racing coilovers in mine but would have been interested in these for that price.

I made my camper plates so that they can be used without cutting strut tower. There is not that much adjustment than these coilovers originally have, but at least some. 

#25 Ryan Merrill

Ryan Merrill
  • LocationNewcastle Ontario

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

Where would these be shipping out of? I am interested here but My car is in storage and wont be out for about a month. Its too damn cold to work on them still. I have a 71 240.

#26 johnc

johnc
  • LocationLa Habra, CA, USA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

IMHO, the ER series would the one to get based on the shock dynos I've seen on NAISOC and Bimmerforums. The BR series shock is not better (probably worse) then the Tokico HP.
----- John Coffey, Fabricator at Benton Performance, LLC

#27 johnc

johnc

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

"Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, "

Not true. You could piece together a shortened strut corner using Bilstien P30s, Eibach or Hypercoils springs, threaded collars, and DP camber plates for about $350. If you went with Koni 8610s you would be about $450 a corner.

Both of those setups would be (from a handling perspective) equal to or better then the BR series. But they are not "bolt on" so they require some skills to install - which scares off a lot of people.

#28 hwvigo

hwvigo
  • LocationBroken Arrow OK

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

Looking forward to see how they come out. And that price point for bolt in front and weld in rear is on point.  With what I was looking to spend .

Sometimes in life rolling with the punches is the only way to get through it. The same goes for us lovers of old cars. We take what comes at us and try to make the best out of it. 

#29 ryan95i4

ryan95i4
  • LocationFL

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Interested in seeing where that bolt-in price ends up

73 240Z, Haltech powered L28ET
95 Avenger, Holset HX40 @ 26psi
06 CTS-V

HRFy1aL.jpg Promo code DATSUN10 to save 10% at DapperLighting.com

#30 KyleG

KyleG
  • LocationWindsor Ontario Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

I'm also interested in the bolt on setup, depending on price of course!

#31 Rob L

Rob L
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

"Im sure the bc kit would be 10x better than any pieced together kit I could make, "

Not true. You could piece together a shortened strut corner using Bilstien P30s, Eibach or Hypercoils springs, threaded collars, and DP camber plates for about $350. If you went with Koni 8610s you would be about $450 a corner.

Both of those setups would be (from a handling perspective) equal to or better then the BR series. But they are not "bolt on" so they require some skills to install - which scares off a lot of people.

Idk about the pricing on the dp camber plates ...the site says 185 and still says 185 ....but i ordered mine 2 weeks ago and don charged me 205 rears and 225 fronts because he said the price is going up...plus he said its going even higher at the end of this month.......why he still hasnt changed the price on the website is whats strange .

#32 1vicissitude

1vicissitude
  • LocationAnaheim Hills, CA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

IMHO, the ER series would the one to get based on the shock dynos I've seen on NAISOC and Bimmerforums. The BR series shock is not better (probably worse) then the Tokico HP.

A bolt in ER series would be very interesting. All the ER I have seen have the external resevoir attached on the lower strut mount. Can't see this layout working unless they invert the strut. If they are repurposing s13 kits this probably won't happen.

I agree on the BC dampers not being that great. I mean, they are marginally better than Megans so at $1000 for a weld in kit we are better off than the mckinnley kit. However, the Megans and BC roll right off the same factory floor. You can even switch some parts between them. Megan even has it's own ER line just called something else. BC just does a marginally better job with the damping.

$1000 for a weld in kit is great. Interested in full four corner bolt on pricing. $200 extra for the front hub is a good deal, hopefully the rear hubs aren't much more. I'd rather have new hubs at all corners than spend the same amount on installation.

Edited by 1vicissitude, 14 March 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#33 johnc

johnc

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Most of those low quality JDM shocks are made in one factory in Taiwan.  I was approached years ago (along with dozens of other shops) by that factory.  They would make me a line of BetaMotorsports coil over kits in any color combination I wanted for the WRX, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mustang, and a couple other manufacturers.  Prices were insanely low (less then 4 Tokico Illuminas) but I had to accept whatever shock and spring they sent.

I passed.

BC is better then most in that they can do revalving and, more importantly, actually ask the right questions to do a good job on the revalve, given the limitations of the shocks used.

#34 seattlejester

seattlejester
  • LocationBellevue, WASHINGTON

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

The real reason I want one is the lack of droop. I know you can add helper springs to help combat it with other DIY coil over options, but with my current cut tokico 280z springs I have to line them up every time I jack up the car or go across a tall bump at the wrong angle. I will say it does handle wonderfully with one nice dampening cycle that I can feel. As long as a set can provide similar dampening I don't think I would mind.

My main query is how will the kits attach to the car? We won't be able to get much camber adjustment through the tiny hole, and the bolt pattern spacing is too small to open up that hole very much. Or will these just be straight up bolt on and adjust via LCA coil overs?

#35 BluDestiny

BluDestiny
  • LocationCedar Rapids, IA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

I'd just like to see this go into production, Luckily the s30 I got came with some coilovers already, but in case they blow out I'd like to have something to replace them with for a relatively cheap price.

Posted Image
We race from 120MPH rolls...
Moderatio est figmentum

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien

#36 1vicissitude

1vicissitude
  • LocationAnaheim Hills, CA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

BC is better then most in that they can do revalving and, more importantly, actually ask the right questions to do a good job on the revalve, given the limitations of the shocks used.

Agree'd.

I hope I didn't come off as negative about this setup. Honestly I was more than likely going to purchase the McKinney kit this summer. I'm highly interested and will more than likely purchase this kit, I even found a local fabricator to do the install for what I consider a decent price.

I wonder if they will do the camber tophats like the ones offered on ebay currently? Straight bolt-on no welding/drilling/cutting.

#37 JPN_Garage

JPN_Garage
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Where would these be shipping out of? I am interested here but My car is in storage and wont be out for about a month. Its too damn cold to work on them still. I have a 71 240.

They would be shipped out of BC Racing NA in Florida.

www.jpngarage.com

#38 Joey2point0

Joey2point0
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

John, Currently I have Bilstien P30s on my car (was bought like that). When I saw this bolt on setup I was going to drop the setup I currently have and go for the BC coilovers. I never would have thought that my old Bilstien along with some over goodies might out perform the coilovers. Like you say the thing that really enticed me is that fact that its bolt-on. Do you think it would be wise to stick with what I got?

#39 johnc

johnc

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

You P30 Bilstien shocks are much better the the BC BR series based on my experience with the P30 and the dyno charts for the BR series. The ER series shocks are a better shock then the out of the box P30. A revalued P30 has won many regional and divisional championships on ITS spec 240Zs.

#40 KTMStrawn

KTMStrawn
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

Are those prices going to stay or is that only for the group buy? I am very interested in these but I won't be in the market to buy for quite a while

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users