HybridZ

fuel cell question

chrisdavid1130

hi everyone just a question about a certain fuel cell.  my 240z needs a fuel  cell just because it has no gas tank and i figured buying a new fuel cell would be easier than finding a used one.  the fuel cell i am considering is an ATL well cell fuel cell. i went and measured and it looks like it should fit with a little fab.  has anyone on here installed one of these or know someone who has just looking for some advice whether this cell will work well with this car or if i should consider a different cell.  

btw i am looking a the 12 gal model, i have no spare tire, the floor is already cut out in spare well from PO

Edited by chrisdavid1130

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure its fine but actual capacity of any foam filled fuel cell is about 15% less then advertised.  If your trunk area is already cut out look at a Sportsman cell.  More expensive but greater capacity and you have better mounting options.

• 3 weeks later...

sorr y to thread jack but i want to do an sr20 swap. i know i have to do a return fuel system ina car that has a returnless system and would also like to have a working fuel level gauge and a way to reuse my factory fuel filler setup. will this 2001 camaro fuel tank be my best option? cause that would be great