HybridZ

well that kinda bums me out. (venom injectors)

beaniam

I was doing some messing around with injector timings in tuner studio hunting down a smoother idle. I had asked the PO of the car what injectors were in it, 440cc Venom Performance high impedance injectors in an 11mm pallnet rail. I searched them and have pretty much decided to swap them out asap. Pretty sure one or more of them are running lean judging from 2 of the cylinders having white exhaust valves when I did my head gasket. Didn't think much of it until now. Also don't get a smooth idle unless my required fuel is at 9.0ms and open time is at 1.3ms. Anything less and it's rough and lean. Should I find another high impedance replacement injector or go with something like a low impedance supra injector? Ford Lightning injectors?

Anyone have any dealings with these http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRE-440cc-Fuel-Injectors-Fits-Denso-Nissan-Skyline-Toyota-Supra-Turbo-RB26DETT-/331047757412?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item4d13fbe664&vxp=mtr ?

Edited by beaniam

Unless you get a complete new set of injectors from a trusted source you need to send the injectors out for a cleaning and flow test.Places that can do this-Kinsler,Rc engineering or someplace that can flow test injectors.I f you buy somebodies used injectors you asking for trouble.Most injectors are manufactured by Bosch,Siemens,lucas.When limited class racecars are built(scca stock class) they will buy many injectors and bench test them to came up with a highly matched set.

I always.....ALWAYS send my injectors out for cleaning if I buy them used.  When I bought my LS1 I sent the injectors out for cleaning.  When I did my first turbo swap I sent the Supra 440's out for cleaning and then again when I bought a set of Siemens 757s.  It is cheap ($100) insurance.

Do you think it's worth sending these venoms out? From what I read it seems like the general consensus is to just ditch them and buy new instead of wasting the time and money. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to find an 11mm high impedance 440cc. Thinking about switching to low or getting a 14mm rail. I'm running MS1/2.2. Dropping resistor not needed?

This seems like one of the only sources for high/11mm http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRE-440cc-Fuel-Injectors-Fits-Denso-Nissan-Skyline-Toyota-Supra-Turbo-RB26DETT-/331047757412?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item4d13fbe664&vxp=mtr but I'm not finding much info on "The Racer's Edge" other than their own claim.  Also not sure on the fitment of that style injector in the intake.

"These injectors are IN STOCK, on our shelves. You will receive a Set of 6 BRAND NEW Denso style injectors, exactly as pictured. The injectors are matched to have only a 5.0% variance, which means you know that you are getting accurate injectors. We have had these injectors tested to confirm the flow rates, and typically the system balance is between 3.0% - 5.0%. These injectors are made by TREperformance and come with a 1 year warranty."

• 5 weeks later...

Well I pulled out the injectors today with plans on sending them out for testing and cleaning. Looks like 2 of them leak, the ports under 2 of them I pulled out are soaked with fuel and I haven't had the car running in a few days. Guess there's not much point in testing them now. Osidetiger has a set of Bosch high impedance 11mm 440cc injectors for $224.95. Think I'll be going that route.

Well they're in.  I also dropped the tank and checked everything over.  New fuel filter, replaced tiny 1/4" barbs that were on the walbro with 5/16, removed dampener and isolated the walbro in the bracket.  You actually have to try and hear the pump running now.  No more yelling over the annoying whine of it.  My tune needs some adjusting still.  Cruises around 13.7-14 afr but under boost I'm almost down to 10.  I  backed off on fuel pressure a little.  32psi with vac line connected.  But otherwise it's never run this well.  Even idles smooth with no missing or studdering.  I've really gotta get started on the next project, an hx35 swap.