HybridZ

Ebay conrods

franky240z

I always see people posting about connecting rods from ebay but never hear of any one using them.
Check these out 140mm rods. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200944342855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Then there are these rods that look to have 3 wrist pin oil holes there 133mm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/400482650317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I purchased 'spool' H beam con rods for my L28 from ebay in Australia. No issues with quality so far, rev to 7200 on track.

The only problem I had was I didn't realise the con rods were for 'floating' pins, not press in as per the factory setup. I had to get some extra machining done to my pistons to be able to fit retainers for the floating pin.

I know someone who's brought a set of rods very similar to the ones in the first post.

Had a look at them yesterday and they do appear to be well made and finished, no burrs or sharp edges anywhere and the bolts do have ARP and a part number on them too......non of this means that they'll stand up to hard use though so only time will tell 

Used crankshaft depot ones in my miata, so have tons of others. I've seen them take over 400whp in a 1.8l 4 cylinder without issue. They are fairly well balanced too.

Just make sure to get the measurements and double check they'll work. Sometimes the description in the title isn't 100% accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock rods are already forged and adequate to my knowledge for any practical purposes with ARP bolts. That being said I don't know if even $300 is worth the risk. There is a lot of metallurgy/material science that goes into rods which can't be spotted from the surface.

Though if you're really dying for H-beam rods I suppose you could try. As 1vicissitude said, check or ask for dimensions. big and small end diameters, rod length, big and small end widths. I have heard sometimes the widths are not correct and have slop on the crank journal.

Good luck