HybridZ

What mirror has good visibility

yhlz

I've been eyeing the MSA bullet mirrors for a while but have been hesitant to buy them. For the members that have them, do they provide good visibility? 

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic02e02

I know that the $300 fender mirrors would be the best options but any other suggestions on good visibility mirrors would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are fender mirrors actually good for visibility? I realize the line-of-site and can be better, but in practice, I would have thought moving the mirrors significantly further would decrease visibility unless they're ridiculously oversized

I find that my door mirrors vibrate a fairly good amount and therefore I almost never use them, just the windshield mounted rearview gets used and provides a view of anything I would need behind me.  Shoulder checks for lane changes otherwise.  I have ZG fender mirrors that I will be mounting, and yes they are hard to track down and expensive.

No. Due to the shape and design they have limited range of  adjustment creating blind spots.  The mirror is too small. I replaced the bullet mirrors with just basic old school  mirrors from MSA.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-1164

Thank you Miles, just the answer I was looking for. Is the visibility pretty good on the replacements you got? I've seen some cheap mirrors in the past and the mirrors are either horrible, distorted, or have horrible blind spots.

And thank you all for the suggestions. 

Edited by yhlz

Are fender mirrors actually good for visibility? I realize the line-of-site and can be better, but in practice, I would have thought moving the mirrors significantly further would decrease visibility unless they're ridiculously oversized

I've heard that the original or OEM fender mirrors have great visibility. I guess I will be asking owners at the next Z meet I go to.

Thank you Miles, just the answer I was looking for. Is the visibility pretty good on the replacements you got? I've seen some cheap mirrors in the past and the mirrors are either horrible, distorted, or have horrible blind spots.

And thank you all for the suggestions. 

Visibility is good.

I have the californians on my car and I personally love them, they don't vibrate and have enough visibility out of the back that I don't worry about missing anything anymore. They where a little tough to get lined up right but they were worth it. I also pushed them up almost to the very front of the door for better angle. I'll post pictures when I get home.

I have the californians on my car and I personally love them, they don't vibrate and have enough visibility out of the back that I don't worry about missing anything anymore. They where a little tough to get lined up right but they were worth it. I also pushed them up almost to the very front of the door for better angle. I'll post pictures when I get home.

Please do. I would like to see how they look installed.

Little delay on the pictures, I got home late from work because were getting a few of our cars ready for the strip on friday and it was dark by the time I was done. However I am taking my car to work tomorrow to finish the final prep on it so I'll definitely take some pictures then. I could have sworn I had some on my computer but they're all from before i put the mirrors on. Sorry.

Edited by helghast7

Depends on what you mean by "speed". Mine are stable at least to 100. I made sure the mounting plates were very securely attached to my door & window frame. I also replaced the door seals so the door fits tightly to the body. Just never had an issue with them.

Do you have Vitaloni Californians? Or a Californian style mirror? Where did you buy it from? Thanks!